Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Savage Flux Proline Big Joe tire question

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 11:25 PM
450power

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Savage Flux Proline Big Joe tire question

Hi guys, i recently bought a set of four proline big joes on tech5 rims and i am wondering if i will have to lower the gearing on the truck? By the way my truck is a flux 2350 and i use two 4000mah 2s packs with 35-70c rating and after 4 packs, the motor and esc BARELY even get warm.
Old 03-04-2012, 01:57 AM
sharkattack99

Default RE: Savage Flux Proline Big Joe tire question

i would those big joes are pretty heavy, i think the 2350 is smaller then the HP someone will correct me if im wrong so i would gear for more torque just to be on the safe side. im sure someone will chime in too.
Old 03-04-2012, 11:28 AM
BKoz559
My Feedback: (3)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

What was your stock gearing? Joe's are heafty compared to the stock GT tires on Warlocks but, I run Proline Trencher 3.8s on my HP with 19/44 gearing and the motor stays reasonable during heavy bashing. I notice the ESC fan runs a lot on mine, however. You'll have to assess your driving situation and determine if you need to gear down. If the system generates a lot of heat then of course drop a pinon size or increase the spur. I advise you geta little pocket temp gun like theDuratrax mini blue infrared one. This way you will know exactly how hot the ESC and motor are. They usually sell for about $25 or $30 online.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:35 PM
209mark123

I have the flux HP with the exact same tire setup I run it on 2s with the stock gearing without any problems.