Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

bullet flux MT or ST

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 04:29 AM
indianrc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bullet flux MT or ST

okay so i am thinking about gettin a bullet,bt What is the difference between the ST n the MT?(except the wheels and body)Which one handles better?
AND also Can you suggest a few good cheap lipo for it which will give me good long runtimes?
Old 05-08-2012, 07:16 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: bullet flux MT or ST

No real platform difference, one has bigger wheels and 8 shocks (which if you ask me just means double the pain in the ass when you want to rebuild them) and of course different gearing to compensate for wheel diameter difference.

As for lipos, for that car, I'd buy these... http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...case_pack.html

30C which means 150 amp continuous current handling, which means no matter how crazy a motor you put in it, you will never tax these batteries, and 5000mAh will give you around half hour runtimes.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:43 AM
indianrc

thankyou so much for that info...............while browsing on the net i came across many articles like this one
http://boards.hpieurope.com/showthread.php?t=26492
well Is it really that bad???
Old 05-09-2012, 02:07 AM
Foxy

Well, you have to understand what you're buying and at what price point. The problems of drivetrains exploding and ESCs melting in brushless RTRs these days are all too common, and not just on the HPI stuff. Fact is brushless is a lot of torque for an RTR to handle. Imagine upgrading any brushless RTR heavily after you've worn out the stock parts, which will happen annoyingly fast. Even if you spend a ton of money on a really good kit it will eventually suffer under the strain of the torque of a strong brushless motor. There are mnay things you can do to offset this, or at least extend the life of the cars, which many people don't do... go around and tighten all the screws, make sure the diffs and any other gears in the drivetrain don't have excessive play, use the right greases, oils and threadlocks, make sure the pinion gear is appropriately seated, basically, strip and rebuild the car as it should have been built, and you can negate a lot of the negatives. I have a friend with a nitro Bullet MT and its been really good to him. Others have a different experience. If you want something that's really built to last, look at the OFNA (particularly Jammin) stuff.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:03 AM
indianrc

So,you mean to say that if I take really good/extensive care of the bullet flux then it should be relaible an not just fall apart??
Can you please shed some more light on the OFNA and the jammin stuff?
Regards
Abhishek
Old 05-28-2012, 05:08 AM
Foxy

Sorry for the delayed response on this...It's gonna break no matter what you do, as will any RC eventually. The question is really if the electronics are up tot he task, with that in mind, your decision about which of the Bullets to go for is easy, the stadium truck will put less strain on its electrics. I can't really say anything more than that, you may buy one and it may give you no trouble at all, you may have all the problems that others have had and more! It's hard to say, everyone treats their stuff differently...

When I say OFNA stuff, I mean, for example, that this is much better value for money...

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Off-Road-Buggy

or this...

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-w-24GHz-Radio