Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Savage X SS ?'S

Old 07-14-2012, 02:33 PM
wally3185
My Feedback: (26)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Savage X SS ?'S

Thinking about building a Savage X SS kit. What is the best bang for the buck radio & servos. I'm a airplane guy and fly JR - Spec. Do not know much about what ground radio's have to offer. What's important what's not. Just going to use it to play with, not any racing. Any input would be helpfull. Thanks Eric
Old 08-05-2012, 08:17 AM
Bash-m-up
My Feedback: (7)

Default RE: Savage X SS ?'S

No replies? Well, if you're still wondering Eric, IMO I would just go with an all stock radio setup, you can pick them up pretty cheap on eBay. This will give you the security of 2.4ghz and range. The standard hpi Savy servos will meet your needs as well unless you want more steering, which most of us do, you will want a high torque there 200+oz. I hope this helps you out if you haven't found it already.
Old 08-06-2012, 06:26 AM
llkoolskillet

FlySky FS-GT3B is a $40 radio that is on par with the $2-300 high end radios.

Receivers are only $7

10 channel model memory and it's a 2.4ghz radio I love this setup and switched all my spectrums over to flyskys.
Hobbypartz.com is where you can get them
Old 08-12-2012, 05:36 PM
Team GxG

+1 For the FS-GT3 suggestion. If you want to be really cheap and save an extra $10, go with the FS-GT2 + included receiver. I've used the system for about a year and it works great. The Tx is only 2 channel, but the Rx is 3 channel, so you can always upgrade your Tx to a 3 channel later on and still keep all of the same Rx's. For servos, I bought a Power HD 1501MG for my Flux 2350, and it works perfectly (pretty cheap too, I only paid about $22 for mine).
Old 08-12-2012, 06:00 PM
llkoolskillet

Servos

Steering- Hobbico CS-170tg 333oz for $84 shipped
Throttle/brake- hitec 645mg Less than $40