Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Intro post , my new toy.

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 11:19 PM
nitroexec

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intro post , my new toy.

Hello RCU !

Making my first post ,Been out of the hobby for a couple year's. Took a trip down to the lhs over the weekend and ended up coming out with this! Was able to break it in and have about 9 tanks thru the motor and have been pleased with the power so far. Looking into other big block engine upgrades next. =)

Old 10-17-2012, 07:59 AM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Intro post , my new toy.

Nice.. and you will have a blast with it....
Old 10-17-2012, 09:42 PM
Zrock

its a great little runner... love mine
Old 10-17-2012, 09:59 PM
racingfan48

You guy's have any advice on tuning this engine? With mine I've tried everything. I followed their tuning video and every time I lean the low speed to when it pops wheelies and responds well, after doing a wide open pass when I left off the truck will roll then stall, I've got it running now where it's got good power on acceleration but not like it use to partially probably because it's running richer on the low end... I'm kinda stuck right now on how to proceed. I don't know if when I had the low speed so lean that the high speed was screwing around with it or what.. I appreciate any advice
Old 10-18-2012, 06:41 AM
Zrock

Bring the low speed setting back to stock. And set it again. then when you get it to where you like it turn it back 1/8..I remember reading that someware.  I was having teh same issue tuning mine but i bought mine used and i think it was the air filter as it was plugged pretty bad