Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Best way to convert my X to XL w/ mid tank

Old 11-30-2012, 12:06 PM
mudfrog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best way to convert my X to XL w/ mid tank

Iwant to convert one of my Savage X's to an XL with mid tank mod. I'd prefer a happy balance of low cost to ease of conversion (especialy the midtank). However, I'll take the ease of the conversion over the savings of a few bucks. I've read a lot of how to's on the midtank mod but a lot of guys fab parts to save money. I'm not the greatest at fabing so I'd prefer some sort of bolt in installation with minimal fab work.
Old 12-21-2012, 11:11 AM
Bash-m-up
My Feedback: (7)

Default RE: Best way to convert my X to XL w/ mid tank

Check out the FLM conversion. That's the route I took, buy, bolt up and done. It will run you some $ but will look good. You can pm me an I can send you pics. All together it will run just over a $100 for everything. Chassis(ext. lcg), servo plate, tank, mounts, and radio box.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:22 PM
Borneoben

Can you post some links to the FLM website with this conversion?

i cant seem to find it

cheers
Old 12-21-2012, 10:44 PM
Bash-m-up
My Feedback: (7)

If you google fast lane machine, you should be able to find it. They don't sell direct from there website, but you can find others that do sell their products through google. I'm unable to post links from my phone browser, but like I stated, google fast lane machine savage chassis or flm savage chassis you should find what your looking for. Shop it around, the chassis will be about the same everywhere, but the servo plate and mounts will varie from store to store and FLM's website will give you a good baseline to go from on pricing.

I used the flm extended lcg chassis, flm servo plate, flm servo mounts, flm motor plate, Ofna 250cc fuel tank, and fuel tank mounts. The radio box I used was the hpi blitz radio box. PM and I can shoot you some pics of the set up.
Old 12-21-2012, 11:39 PM
Borneoben

Perfect

I didnt know what FLM stood for now i can search

Cheers

Ben