Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

long time coming. new to Savage flux blur

Old 06-20-2014, 04:03 AM
dalolyn
My Feedback: (7)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default long time coming. new to Savage flux blur

few years planing, sold some other toys off and got me a savage flux with 2 x3 cell lipos
not my first rodeo but this is the fastest rc car/truck i have ever owned.
couple of questions.

can i get stronger springs for the rear or raise the ride up on the rear to keep all that energy from pulling the front up and the rear down.
seems to me if I can keep some of the weight from shifting to the rear it might stay upright more'
Old 06-20-2014, 08:32 PM
Maj_Overdrive
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Weight transfer during acceleration or braking is inevitable. Sure you can stiffen it up or raise the rear a bit to help combat it a bit but it's not going to help stop wheelies much if at all if that's what you're after. To combat wheelies you need to look at Punch Control, longer chassis and/or moving the weight forward and most importantly your own throttle control. I don't care who you are, taming 6s takes some finess on the trigger. My LST XXL is 1717 powered on 6s and it takes some getting used to but as my sig says, "I don't need no stinking punch control"