Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Want a Savage X

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Want a Savage X

Hey all. I am selling all of my electric RC stuff (Ofna LX2E, batteries charger etc.) in hopes of getting a new Savage X next year. I have wanted a nitro for a while since I had a Savage .21 back in the day. Are these any good? Reliable? Anything I would need to upgrade right out of the box so i'm not down and out after a few runs?
    -Aerodynamics and turbos are for people who can't build motors.

Ofna LX2e-4s
    Axial SCX10 Jeep
    T-Maxx 2.5

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    umm upgrade the rotostart to a pullstart

Seriously I found the rotostart to be pretty bad, and ruined a few of my bashing outings when I had it. Was way more reliable on a pullstart

Outside that umm if the rear knuckles give you trouble the Integy HD uprights are pretty decent.(yes I said Integy, and decent in the same sentence) My X has no issues with the rear knuckles, but the .25 I turned into a flux the rear knuckles the tierods kept popping so I went the integy route.

One note last HPI engine I had the factory default settings were WAY too rich to break it in as my engine only hit like 180 degrees( i only remember it cause it was so low) on a hot summer day. I had to lean it out to get it up to the proper temps.
    With great speed comes greater repair bills.
    Click on My models to see some of what I own. Eventually will add the rest

u still looking for a savage I have one with a lrp 32 and all integty upper and lower arms