Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Want a Savage X

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2013, 05:31 AM
cumminspower5.9
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Want a Savage X

Hey all. I am selling all of my electric RC stuff (Ofna LX2E, batteries charger etc.) in hopes of getting a new Savage X next year. I have wanted a nitro for a while since I had a Savage .21 back in the day. Are these any good? Reliable? Anything I would need to upgrade right out of the box so i'm not down and out after a few runs?
Old 12-11-2013, 04:25 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

umm upgrade the rotostart to a pullstart

Seriously I found the rotostart to be pretty bad, and ruined a few of my bashing outings when I had it. Was way more reliable on a pullstart

Outside that umm if the rear knuckles give you trouble the Integy HD uprights are pretty decent.(yes I said Integy, and decent in the same sentence) My X has no issues with the rear knuckles, but the .25 I turned into a flux the rear knuckles the tierods kept popping so I went the integy route.

One note last HPI engine I had the factory default settings were WAY too rich to break it in as my engine only hit like 180 degrees( i only remember it cause it was so low) on a hot summer day. I had to lean it out to get it up to the proper temps.
Old 01-01-2014, 10:26 AM
savage22267

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

u still looking for a savage I have one with a lrp 32 and all integty upper and lower arms