Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Why Is There Not A Sticky Of Savage Mods

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2014, 02:19 AM
only126db

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why Is There Not A Sticky Of Savage Mods

Just wondering why someone has not made a sticky of some of the best Savage Mods so they are right there for everyone in the world to see?

Like the Savage OFNA Throttle Mod, Mid Tank Mod, etc. or maybe even a performance upgrade sticky for backyard bashers, even a conversion kit sticky for switching to brushless.

Just wondering....
Old 01-11-2014, 02:33 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Because nobody has made one, why don't you go ahead.

Under the topic of converting a Savage to brushless, only 4 words are needed, Sell X, buy Flux. It is not an economical conversion, unless you go with a truly ghetto solution.
Old 01-11-2014, 08:33 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Foxy
Because nobody has made one, why don't you go ahead.

Under the topic of converting a Savage to brushless, only 4 words are needed, Sell X, buy Flux. It is not an economical conversion, unless you go with a truly ghetto solution.
As someone who has done it to one I will agree 100% with this. Even the ghetto solution isn't very economical as the electronics alone will cost about as much you would spend on a new flux if you sold the nitro savage, and put the electronic cost to the flux.
Old 01-11-2014, 09:00 AM
only126db

Now, what if someone picked up a used brushless vehicle for cheap and wanted to convert their Savage? I am cheap so I always search for deals
Old 01-16-2014, 11:22 PM
savage dust bunny

If it's a stock nitro with no real extra kit, then it can quickly become quite pricy to convert. A quick n dirty n cheap method is to buy the integy motor mount, cheap open battery boxes and voila, it's converted. Depending on the power you'll probably be buying diffs quite soon.

In my case I had loads of nitro kit so with everything sold I pretty much ended up paying nothing extra for the hpi conversion kit, leopard 2000kv motor and mm esc. You can see it here:http://www.rcgalleri.dk/galleri/5080...pi_savage_flux