HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

broken crankshaft!

Old 01-14-2014, 05:18 PM
spamoo123

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default broken crankshaft!

Had the savage 25 out today for some romping around when it suddenly cut off. Crank was spinning free so I thought, great, I broke my con rod not when I pulled it apart I saw an intact rod but the rod pin on the crank had sheared off completely. The piston moves freely in the bore so I have no idea what happened. I'm trying to find a new crank for it and so far only found one on eBay for about $65. Seems a bit pricey... I was wondering if the crank from a 4.6 would fit because they are everywhere and cheeep to boot.

Last edited by spamoo123; 01-14-2014 at 05:28 PM.
Old 01-15-2014, 11:49 AM
-SomeGuy-

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Im guessing you have an s-25 engine? No you cant use the shaft from the 4.6. That engine is piss poor anyways and you would be better off with a new one as the s-25 was full of little problems. I keep repeating myself but get an LRP, comes in .28 .30 and .32. Look em up on ebay. Easy to break in and tune, wont break the bank.