HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Maintanance vs Play Time

Old 05-03-2014, 11:01 PM
Shaun_M

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Maintanance vs Play Time

Hi All,
Just a question for everyone. I decided to buy myself a rc car to play around with, purely for messing around in the garden with etc etc. I chose a HPI MT-2 which is great fun. My question is this though. I spend far more time fixing the car than playing with it? Almost every single time I take it out something breaks and I am not referring to when I crash it!?!? and it's normally something different everytime. I understood when I bought it that they take a lot of maintenance (I used to have rc cars when I was younger), but this is a little more than I expected to me honest. So is it me or is it the car or is it the hobby?

Regards,
Shaun Mannion
Old 05-05-2014, 11:43 AM
pipedup

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

It is the nature of the hobby, there is alot of things that can be done to each individual vehicle to upgrade it so it will last longer. What it boils down to is a learning curve, learn how to drive it properly, learn how to bullet proof it but most of all learn that it is totally worth it. It will get easier with tim my friend, and btw, welcome to the forum.
Old 06-08-2014, 08:24 PM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Me and my bro doesnt go home until we break something on all the rcs we bring in a bash..we just stop when all of the trucks are not not running anymore hehe...
Old 06-12-2014, 07:52 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Know this is a tad late, but the MT2 is pretty poor. I've owned 2(one was stripped for parts, other I took the wheels off years ago as I got sick of fixing it)... They love throwing dogbones(I had to paint mine florescent colors to try and recover them), the knuckles like the strip screws in seconds as the plastic is so soft screws strip almost instantly. Arms are thin, and snap easy. Main problem is unlike other RC's that you can just buy RPM arms to fix the MT2 has no real aftermarket parts outside GPM(their CVD's are terrible btw as the damn things have the wrong sized ball ends...)