Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

savage 4.6 wide tuning window?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2014, 11:32 AM
rcbence

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default savage 4.6 wide tuning window?

Hey guys. I replaced my old 4.6 with the v2 version this year. I have a total of maybe 3/4 gallon thru it. I started performance tuning after 8 tanks or so.

I use werks racing fuel ATM. Probably will try Byron's gen 2 20% next case. I do like this fuel. Runs great and easy to tune in my firestorm.

To make it easier I turned in the tranny adjustment so it can't shift to second for now. It seems once I have my rpms peak or close to peak....I can turn it in a half turn from there. If I leave it wide open long enough it seems to bog out. But it can be tricky. Because it keeps on taking it.

Is this common with this engine? I want to get the HSN close before I touch the low speed and idle. I have both at flush.

I probably should stop leaning once the top speed stabilizes at wot for a few secs right? I run a medium odonels plug. I did the tank mod with a one way check valve for half tank lean. Not the uni mod..
A moddified one of that by aggres I believe? That works really well.