Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Engine Test off RC ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2014, 08:59 AM
StarSolo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine Test off RC ?

Simple question would be.
Can I test the engine with it not on the RC? Just sitting on the ground with, Nitro Fuel , Air filter and Muffler ?

I purchased this RC from a friend that said he used it a dozen times and went though 3 glow plugs and 3 barrings from having starting problems and never wanted to see it again.

He always washed it and I think kept getting water in the barring in the starter thing on the back and kept wrecking it. Also kept glow plug heater on to long. These are my thoughts.

Thanks for any feedback possible @ RC Gods
Old 08-07-2014, 01:56 PM
-SomeGuy-

The short answer: NO!

The reason you need to test it on the truck is because if you run it without any resistance it will wind up to fast, it needs the resistance of the drivetrain to function properly.
Old 08-07-2014, 05:29 PM
StarSolo

Thank your sir.

Without running the engine off the truck I was still able to test a fair amount.
I was able to see that the OMB was functioning properly and that the starter pin/spring was working so that I would be able to start it.
Better then nothing

Last edited by StarSolo; 08-09-2014 at 02:05 PM.