Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Help with savage 25 to X version

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2014, 12:42 PM
bobby89

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with savage 25 to X version

I recently picked up a savage 25 rolling chassis for real cheap. My plan Is to convert it to a savage x. I have done some searching and have got mixed reviews on which parts I would need. I do plan on converting the 2 speed that is in there to the 3 speed. The engine I will be running is a LRP .32 Spec2. I had an original Savage SS when it first came out so I know a few of the weak points like the diffs. Any help with the conversion would be awesome. Thanks!
Old 11-21-2014, 05:51 PM
Jrgunn5150

It's pretty much everything but the towers... Different arms, hubs, diffs, steering, and TVP's

I looked at doing the same, and then just bought a new 4.6 lol
Old 12-05-2014, 05:31 AM
burnfuel

Instead of going to an X why not go with a flm lowered and stretched thicker and stronger chassis,forget the hpi servo saver and install a ofna pirate servo saver (comes with bearing),then ask WHAT'S NEXT
Old 12-07-2014, 09:27 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you come back
TVP's, roll bar, and radio box are all I would change
Drive it till the other parts break. If the diff goes out buy a pair of the BP Diffs off ebay. If the dog bone breaks go buy the HD dogbones.
Arms are the same size

Only thing you might get a problem with is on the old diff case the screw location is reversed from the X, but you can still force the diff onto the x chassis.
Old 12-11-2014, 07:55 AM
nickandluke

How is the build going. What are you going to do about shocks. I have 4 aluminum big bore hpi shocks that I decided not to use.
Old 12-11-2014, 08:57 AM
bobby89

For now I am going to use the stock shocks as they are still on good shape. I have not changed much on the truck as of now. I just got the LRP 32 and a Jammin jp2 pipe for it. I upgraded the stock diffs with the 4 internal spider gears instead of 2 and have rebuilt the trans with the 3 speed. other than that nothing else yet. I have not decided what else to do yet as I need a list with the minimum parts for savage x conversion. Such as Do i need new A arms or will the old savage 25 arms work for now.
Old 12-12-2014, 06:43 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bobby89
For now I am going to use the stock shocks as they are still on good shape. I have not changed much on the truck as of now. I just got the LRP 32 and a Jammin jp2 pipe for it. I upgraded the stock diffs with the 4 internal spider gears instead of 2 and have rebuilt the trans with the 3 speed. other than that nothing else yet. I have not decided what else to do yet as I need a list with the minimum parts for savage x conversion. Such as Do i need new A arms or will the old savage 25 arms work for now.
Arms will fit
actually a lot of people recommend trying to find the .25 arms when people get the newer savage as it seems they could take more of a beating.
Hell I got savage .21 arms on a savage flux