HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

hsp monster truck 94188

Old 01-19-2015, 05:28 AM
grinny

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default hsp monster truck 94188

hi i hope you can help,
i have bought 2 trucks one is a himoto monster truck 1/10th scale and a hsp 94188 monster truck 1/10 th scale
they look pretty simulor apart from a few things but the engines are the same but different colour the himoto id purple and the hsp is blue
i have tuned the himoto engine to the factory settings that are on video sent by the supplier 4 1/2 out for high speed and 3 turns out for low speed because it has the new high speed jets
can any one tell me what the difference is between the coloured engines and what the settings are for the hsp with the blue engine

kind regards
shaun
Old 01-19-2015, 05:30 AM
grinny

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

the hsp was bought as an unwanted presant from eBay and not a supplier
Old 01-19-2015, 08:35 AM
cbaker65

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by grinny View Post
hi i hope you can help,
i have bought 2 trucks one is a himoto monster truck 1/10th scale and a hsp 94188 monster truck 1/10 th scale
they look pretty simulor apart from a few things but the engines are the same but different colour the himoto id purple and the hsp is blue
i have tuned the himoto engine to the factory settings that are on video sent by the supplier 4 1/2 out for high speed and 3 turns out for low speed because it has the new high speed jets
can any one tell me what the difference is between the coloured engines and what the settings are for the hsp with the blue engine

kind regards
shaun
Are these engine sizes the 18?
I dont know any thing about this brand engine,an it maybe a total different type of carb.
But to hear the settings that you describe,just dont sound right to me.

Usually the Hsn setting is lower than the Lsn on the turns out.Example:Hsn 2 turns out,an Lsn 4 1/2 turns out.
An if that is a factory set,then that is too rich,an is for break in.

I maybe wrong,so,get a second opinion.Or check an see if theres a thread that already exist on the engines...