Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > HPI Monster Truck Forum
Reload this Page >

Savage XL Octane & the Losi XXL 2 WORTH IT??

Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Savage XL Octane & the Losi XXL 2 WORTH IT??

Old 02-25-2015, 10:08 AM
Wicked!!
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Savage XL Octane & the Losi XXL 2 WORTH IT??

Hey guys,

I've read through posts and watched videos on these trucks and what I see isn't all that good. The motors in each truck seem to have issues, and that's even after the 10 or so tanks of break in.

I am about to do a trade for a nib xxl 2 and a 3 tank ran Octane. The trucks would be from the early batch around release time.

What I want to know is have the issues been worked out? were a lot of the problems related to factory needle settings being wrong?

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-04-2015, 11:47 AM
inf3rn0gt

I absolutely LOVE my Octane. I bought it about 6 weeks ago, and I will hopefully do tank 4 this weekend. Tank 3 it woke up a bit. To me it's worth it. I live abroad so nitro is even more expensive and pump gas is even cheaper. I am a basher so the top end is fine. I love it.
Old 03-31-2015, 12:06 PM
kimchiyuk

I'm a bit late to the party, but I now have 19 tanks in my Octane and it's an animal! I don't know how many octanes have sold as it seems videos on YouTube dropped off after last August. There were really never problems with the engines, it was that the manual had the wrong needle settings. I will say it does take 3-4 tanks before it will get out of it's own way and even at around 9 tanks was when mine really woke up. I feel it's worth the money if you don't mind the break in period. Very happy with it.
Old 05-12-2019, 07:28 AM
Anxa29

Originally Posted by kimchiyuk
I'm a bit late to the party, but I now have 19 tanks in my Octane and it's an animal! I don't know how many octanes have sold as it seems videos on YouTube dropped off after last August. There were really never problems with the engines, it was that the manual had the wrong needle settings. I will say it does take 3-4 tanks before it will get out of it's own way and even at around 9 tanks was when mine really woke up. I feel it's worth the money if you don't mind the break in period. Very happy with it.
hello everyone I would like to buy octane savage V2 (4 suspension) used as new, I would like to know if it is delicate (differential clutch engine etc) if it has carburation problems and if the engine lasts 15 liters or more as nitro engine.

regards