Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

HPI Savage X 4.6

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2019, 02:33 AM
mscicluna086

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post HPI Savage X 4.6

Hi Guys

Thanks for the add..

I have an HPI Savage X 4.6. I would like to buy some parts for it. Do you recommend any online stores from which I can buy parts online and will be able to ship to Europe ?

On the other hand, I am in need of a new Spur Gear. I always bought the originals which is made of plastic but I am considering to buy a steel one now. What is your opinion about it ?

Many thanks once again.

Best Regards
Old 08-05-2019, 06:27 AM
D3MON

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

if you do buy steel spur gear you will need to get a hardened steel clutchbell well, or it will just eat the clutchbell gear up way to fast. personally id stick with plastic, are you breaking them that often?
as far as online stores, sadly im on the other side of the pond, so cant really help you there. i think www.modelsport.co.uk is one of the "go to" places over there.
Old 08-07-2019, 02:06 AM
mscicluna086

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi D3MON

Many thanks for your reply. I broke 2 spur gears in few minutes. Clutch bell has been replaced recently and the spur gear was definitely aligned well too. I don't know why this has happened.

Clutch bell is already steel, same as the one which originally came with. Do I still need to replace it ?

Many Thanks once again.
Old 08-07-2019, 06:31 AM
D3MON

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

all clutchbells to my knowledge are steel, but some are extra hardened just for the application of steel spur gears. with the standard clutchbell, steel spurs will tear them up really quick.
that is strange why you are going through so many spur gears, how tight is your slipper set up? any binding in the drivetrain? are you landing on throttle?