Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

So how about the .25 RTR savage??

Old 10-31-2003, 12:39 PM
adeoliver
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So how about the .25 RTR savage??

I kinda dropped off the Monster truck seen since getting back in the 8th scale buggies, I sold my .26 maxx(wish I hadnt) but wanted to focus on the buggies for awhile, now the snow is here and I wish I would have kept it around. Anyways I was thinking of getting the new RTR savage for the winter untill I get the time to build another maxx.
I just want to know your thoughts on the .25 version, Ill more then likely swap engines but just want something to plow through the snow for the winter. Power isnt realy an issue just overall likes and dislikes!! Im sure this has been asked before, but 1 more wont hurt!!
Old 10-31-2003, 12:42 PM
jrkessler

Default RE: So how about the .25 RTR savage??

I got one and its great. Engine runs perfect, and its powerful and fast. I would highly recommend it.
Old 10-31-2003, 01:16 PM
j-maxx

theres definetly plenty of power to plow through snow
Old 10-31-2003, 01:18 PM
caseyddr
My Feedback: (13)

savage apparently is a good truck, not my personal taste (to small) but for what you had into your old tmaxx, you'd love wha tyou can do for it. Theres already dual conversion kits out for it actual kit lol. That'd be pretty interesting on a savage. If you get one... im scared to think of what it will become.
Old 10-31-2003, 10:12 PM
Avalanche

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: adeoliver

I was thinking of getting the new RTR savage for the winter untill I get the time to build another maxx.

Lets put it this way, if you get the Savage you will never again think of building a Tmaxx. Its really an outstanding truck.
Old 11-01-2003, 12:21 PM
heli-savage

I have a Savage 25 and its running awesome! It is my first truck and after only 4 tanks, it is running great, lots of power, lots of speed. I had early problems with burning up glow plugs in the first 2 tanks but I guess I was running it too lean. Starts on the first try with the rotostart everytime.

Dion
Old 11-01-2003, 12:27 PM
caseyddr
My Feedback: (13)

ORIGINAL: Avalanche

ORIGINAL: adeoliver

I was thinking of getting the new RTR savage for the winter untill I get the time to build another maxx.

Lets put it this way, if you get the Savage you will never again think of building a Tmaxx. Its really an outstanding truck.
if you owned what adeo did, you wouldnt want anything else either :P his tmaxx even made me want one... jus not the price tag.
Old 11-01-2003, 01:56 PM
adeoliver
My Feedback: (4)

LOL I dont think Id change my mind on building another maxx!! I had to much fun with it, building and running it!! Ive run savages before (old version .21) with the same engine I had in my maxx, it was nice but nothing like my maxx. I just want something to plow snow with for awhile, not something to replace my maxx addiction(which would never happen)

Anyways thanks for the info guys, more is welcome.

And caseyddr: Thanks for the compliment, I miss the beast, but not for long. Ive still got a feww of the parts from it, waiting for another truck, however Ill probably just build a new one with all new parts!!