Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Hump Pack? Savage .25 rtr

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2003, 01:15 PM
Homebrewer
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Hump Pack? Savage .25 rtr

What 5 cell rechargeable battery (hump) pack will fit the Savage RTR .25? Will it fit in the spot where the 4 cell pack or is there another preferred location? I've decided to explore RC cars when it is too cold or windy to fly RC airplanes and as a result of my newbieness (read ignorance) I have tons of questions so please bear with me.

Thanks,
Homebrewer
Old 12-10-2003, 01:22 PM
metrologist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hump Pack? Savage .25 rtr

I got mine from [link=http://www.badhorsie.com]badhorsie[/link]. For way less than what you pay at an LHS, this one comes with a free wall charger. I ordered mine on a Friday night and it showed up on my doorstep Monday afternoon!

Very nicely made pack. On a full charge it lasts me for days, but I highly reccomend getting a peak charger. The free wall charger that comes with it is cool if you don't have a charger but the ease of fast charging is sweet!
Old 12-10-2003, 01:32 PM
Deandome
My Feedback: (1)

NiMH packs that fit inside the stock battery box are usually limited to 1200mah or so. But there are lots of MUCH more capable packs available that can be strapped onto the front shock tower or anywhere else.

These packs pack 2100-2700mah, and they are not much bigger or heavier than the smaller ones (just too big for the box!).

I think the BEST packs with the BEST prices and the BEST service can be found here:

http://www.onlybatterypacks.com/items.asp?db=17

Now they don't show a 2700mah pack on the Savage page, but they DO make one, and they may even be making a version similar to the one I got for my T-Maxx that has the battery, a switch & a charge jack all neatly mounted on a plastic plate that simply screws in to your chassis where the old battery box was/is.

Feel free to call Jeff at this company, he'll answer all your questions: (262) 255-0964

Dean
Old 12-10-2003, 01:46 PM
Homebrewer
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks, I just ordered the 1100 mah one. I don't need much more amperage since I don't think I'll be using it for more than 2-3 tanks at a day's worth of bashing.
Old 12-10-2003, 01:49 PM
BUGGIES_R_US

nice!

$25 is pretty GOOD for a 2100mA!!

Ram
Old 12-10-2003, 01:53 PM
Deandome
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: BUGGIES_R_US

nice!

$25 is pretty GOOD for a 2100mA!!

Ram

Yeah, and I just noticed that that pack DOES fit inside the stock Savage battery box!!!!!

Jeez, my 2700mah pack cost $50 http://www.onlybatterypacks.com/show...temID=10160.16

Dean