Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

How to lower weight for racing??

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2004, 06:00 PM
SavageMonster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to lower weight for racing??

I want to make my savage lighter so i can go faster because less weight=higher speed and acceleration. How can I lighten my savage but still keep strength?
Old 02-05-2004, 01:24 AM
waverave
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How to lower weight for racing??

Actually most of the stock plastic parts are light, durable, cheap and easy to replace. They also soak up shock better than anything metal. I would recommend using stock wherever you can.
Go with some titanium driveshafts, heavier shock springs, different shock fluids, different diff fluids and maybe an adjustable position shock tower for tuning ability (although stick with stock shocks...again for the cost, weight and ease of replacement). Maybe a skid plate for underneath the gearbox and carbon fiber chassis plates.