Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Need Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2004, 01:08 AM
need -SPEED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help

Im a total newbie at this hobbie. [sm=idea.gif] I am thinking about getting a Savage 25, what type of supplies will I need to buy at my LHS before running it for the first time? Also, could one of you guys tell me what making it more rich or lean means. Thanx
Old 03-13-2004, 01:40 AM
vizaracer

Default RE: Need Help

making it rich is putting more fuel in the engine cooling it down. making it lean means putting less fuel in the engine making it hotter. for the savage 25 you will need 20% nitro content fuel. you will need a glow starter. you will need a few extra glow plugs incase yours breaks. HPI suggest to use like Maccoy MC-8's for the savage. you will need some batteries for your radio gear, its just AA batteries. you will need a battery for your roto start. that battery is a 1500 mAh-7.2V heres what it is in the picture below.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Li21022.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	150.6 KB
ID:	110905  
Old 03-14-2004, 12:13 AM
need -SPEED

Default RE: Need Help

Does a 4-Shoe clutch make the truck accelerate faster?