Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

savage questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2004, 04:35 PM
kud@s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default savage questions

Hi

im new here and im thinking of getting into the RC car zone curently in the plane area for few years now so buiding kits and RC isnt that all new to me.
ive bin reading some posts around here and theres some grate information around here saves hours on serching the net.

i was thinking of getting the savage SS but seeing it is out of stock almost every where till the end of the month (ish) i was looking at the savage 25 rtr version and im starting to think it might be the better buy, as will save me on upgrading the cloth and fule tank etc to what is in the RTR version.

the only realy dif i can see with the SS kit is the tune pipe and the HD dog bones..(maybe others that i dont know of)

my question is if i go for the RTR version what upgrades would u recomend on getting? im looking to just bash the truck around and have alot of fun with it etc. i was thinking maybe a new tune pipe for it or better shocks but im not to shore. i dont want to spend to mutch on hop ups at first just replace things as it comes realy (tho maybe a while from how hard riding the savage is)

also i was thinking about getting the MX-3 radio gear with Hi-tec HS-645MG for stearing for the truck to replace the stuff that comes with the RTR version as i herd the gear it comes with isnt that grate.

let me know what you think and give me some ideas to look at.

thanks

o and also, has any here had an experience on inporting to the UK from the US? how was customs on u etc? i was thinking of maybe getting my stuff from tower hobbies!?.
Old 03-13-2004, 04:48 PM
beatslicer69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: savage questions

definate mods would be servos and diffs. stockers dont last long. if your into rc the option of the ss is a good one as you totally get the picture of the machine with the options then to choose engine, clutch, servo's, radio gear. but definately do the spyder diff mod.

c