Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

feul??

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2004, 06:05 PM
rcnutman
My Feedback: (22)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default feul??

hello,
It is almost time for the breakin on my savage. I was woundering what kind of feul you people use?? All my local hobby store has is either blue thunder or traxxas top feul. Does it really matter?? I thought i heard somone say they did not like blue thunder feul?? Let me know (any other suggestions on breakin are appriciated too)
thanks
Old 03-14-2004, 08:14 PM
vizaracer

Default RE: feul??

you want 20% nitro. in my savage i run o'donnel fuel in my truck but run with what your hobby shop carries, mine carries o'donnel, monster horsepower fuel, etc.

i suggest you locktight all of your metal on metal screws, its a good thing to do so you wont loose them all. you want to run your savage a few times without driving it, like with it in the air with the wheels not touching anything. do not hit the gas while its in the air and it should be in the air for like 3 to 4 tanks. you want to take it easy when you are running the truck for the first time, drive on something like the street and go very slow not accelerating fast. and listen to everything in the engine break in procedures.

have fun with your new savage.
Old 03-14-2004, 08:32 PM
lax195
My Feedback: (2)

yea use 20% O'Donnel. its the best. i also have used blue thunder but it stained my fuel tank and it was 'gooky'. order it from tower hobbies.
Old 03-15-2004, 08:00 PM
rcnutman
My Feedback: (22)

ok, thanks guyssssssss
Old 03-18-2004, 06:29 AM
Model Mania

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

trinity platinum fuel will give you the best performance and blue thunder is "gooky" because it contains 18% oil
Old 03-18-2004, 11:14 AM
8000ft

platinum fuel is race fuel!! low oil content!! trinity monster horsepower has been rated #1 by users for the last 3 years (according to their ad). i run 30% with no problems. very little goop if the engine is tuned properly. when i tear down my engine every thing looks shinny and new, including the glow plug. also bigger engines can handle higher nitro% so depending on where you live don't be afraid to go with 30%. (higher % for higher elevation and cooler climates).
Old 03-21-2004, 12:31 AM
sdarviavgeer1521

20% trinity monster fuel is great stufff. i would stay far away from blue thunder because it will gunk up in the engine and has a TON of oil in it.