Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

truck won't run!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2004, 02:58 PM
ct4s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default truck won't run!!

Hi, i just got a brand new Savage 25, and when i try and start it, it cranks up but then cuts out after just a second, why is this? Please help out I wanna get the engine broke in. Also my remote is weird, when i turn the wheel left it goes right, when i turn it right it goes left and when i hit the gas it applies the brakes and when i hit the brakes it works the throttle, why is this!? I've switched the buttons on the remote and it doesn't make it do it the right way, it doesn't have any effect at all with the switches that should reverse these things or make them normal. please help, is my remote messed up? And I've tried adjusting the idle speed and it still cuts out!! please help.
Thanks[&o]
Old 03-22-2004, 03:48 PM
ct4s

Default RE: truck won't run!!

Any Ideas? Please help
Old 03-22-2004, 04:35 PM
sdarviavgeer1521

umm try to put a new glow plug in........and i have no idea about the radio. the stock one isnt all that great so if you have the money i would get a new one.
Old 03-22-2004, 04:47 PM
matster

Check, or even better change, all the batteries.

The switches should work fine.
Old 03-22-2004, 06:49 PM
Twobeers

Dude, look on the right side of the transmitter just behind the steering wheel. If you are running the stock servo's the should all be reversed. As for your engine conking out after a second or so. Check the glo plug, but more than likely the low needle is too lean.
Old 03-23-2004, 12:43 PM
cabbage25

don't mess with the factory carb settings until you've broken in the engine.
here're a couple of things you need to take note before starting it.

check that when your throttle is at idle, the carb should be opened at around 2mm (check the engine manual).
make sure your engine's not flooded (you'll know it's flooded when it's impossible to pull the cord)
make sure that there're no kinks or pinch on your fuel and compression lines,
make sure there're no air bubbles in the fuel line,
make sure that your glow plug's healthy (unscrew it plug it into the glow plug starter,
the entire filament should glow bright orange) and
make sure that the glow starter's fully charged. do not use more than 1 cell (1.2v) or you'll fry the
glow plug filament.

if your engine starts, leave the glow starter on for about 5 seconds before removing it.

hope this helps...