Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

ss kit clutch

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2004, 07:21 PM
pokeytwins

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ss kit clutch

Hi, this is first time i have attempted ot build the clutch assembly. thoght i did it correctly but gear is not turning. do you think i simply put in the clutch's backwards?

Help
Old 03-27-2004, 07:28 PM
lax195
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: ss kit clutch

you would need to take a pic because there are a million ways you could have messed the clutch up. since there are so many ways to build it.
Old 03-28-2004, 12:12 PM
buckholder

Default RE: ss kit clutch

Without seeing it and hearing what you say I am going to guess that maybe when you put the springs in you did it wrong. When the spring is in the shoe and it is sitting the way that looks correct, look at where the tail of the spring sits on the nut. The short little tail needs to be on the opposite side of the nut in the grove. There should be some resistance there, pull up on the shoe and it should snap back. It should be fairly stiff. This might not be what you did, but it sounds as though it maybe is. Have a look and see. The instructions for the ss are fairly poor, and they don't tell you this, it takes some patience to do.