Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

savage ss-engine

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2004, 11:51 AM
z style

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default savage ss-engine

for all you guys who have the had the savage ss, abotu how many tank did it take before you acutally started driving it and jumping? im curious because im on around my 13-14 tank im still driving slow and i might just wait till i get a new gallon of fuel because ive basiclly goign to sue this whoel gallon on breaking it in it seems.

how far is your hsn out also just so i can get a refrence onw here mine should be?

so far im loving the savage.
Old 03-28-2004, 12:08 PM
ThermalRD

Default RE: savage ss-engine

You need to start having fun with that truck! Tune it for performance, watch the temps, and go eat up some lawns. The SS is one mean truck.

Matt
Old 03-28-2004, 12:58 PM
lax195
My Feedback: (2)

yea i only broke in my engine with two tanks. then i tuned it for high speed.
Old 03-28-2004, 01:00 PM
z style

is the stock air filter good or bad and if it isnt the cleanest would it make the engine over heat?
Old 03-28-2004, 04:08 PM
smitty70
My Feedback: (5)

No, a dirty air filter will make it run cooler because it will get richer and richer as the filter clogs up. It will also lose power. You shouldnt let it get that bad as some dirt may get through to the engine.
Old 03-28-2004, 10:29 PM
z style

hmm i was curious cuz yesterday and today my friends and i are creatign a small course for the savage and its pretty dusty and just about after one run i gotta clean airfilter it seems like (well it looks really dirty doesnt loose power though)
Old 03-28-2004, 11:01 PM
vizaracer

if you want, get a bigger air filter like the motor saver. a bigger air filter wont have to be cleaned as much normally. it wont have to be cleaned as much and will actually have a good sized performance gain over the stock one.
Old 03-29-2004, 10:54 AM
Bush Wacker

hmm i was curious cuz yesterday and today my friends and i are creatign a small course for the savage and its pretty dusty and just about after one run i gotta clean airfilter it seems like (well it looks really dirty doesnt loose power though)
You need to stop worring about your truck so much your going to make me sick, have fun with it who cares about the air filter.
Old 03-29-2004, 02:46 PM
GotSavage?

You are not wrong in worrying about your air filter. After all it is the only thing protecting your engine from it's worst enemy, DIRT. I would say get a MotorSaver or the HPI high Performance (same filter).
Old 03-29-2004, 03:55 PM
Bush Wacker

You are not wrong in worrying about your air filter. After all it is the only thing protecting your engine from it's worst enemy, DIRT. I would say get a MotorSaver or the HPI high Performance (same filter).
Yeah I know but you dont need to worry about it that much, when it gets dirty clean it. Have fun with your truck.
Old 03-29-2004, 04:52 PM
VonJava

bro - you need to go beat the hell out of that thing - i was nice to mine for the first 4 or 5 tanks and now i TRY to beat on it - i don't try to break it necessarily, but i don't shy away from terrain - mine has hit stone walls, flipped end over end 10 times at one crash and been flipped over in a mud puddle that almost covered the truck (that one worrried me but the air filter was still dry luckily). so get out there and bash!