Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Engine decision

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2004, 01:09 PM
Monsterman--HBF
My Feedback: (28)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine decision

Hey guys,

I have been debating on upgrading my S25 stock engine to something better for a month now. I have been through all the posts and threads on this forum and others. I know everyone has their own opinion on what engine is best. I am still sort of a newbie here but have the basics down pat. I have swaped spur gears out already, dog bones, etc even torn the Savage down twice. What is the best engine to move up to after stock? I have heard about the RB engines, I know there is a new one about to come out what about the one before that one? And of course there are the Sirio, and so on. But I am under the understanding that those are hard to tune or at least keep tuned. So I am stuck here. Also I have taken into consideration that upgrading an engine means also upgrading parts such as the 4 spider mod, HD dog bones, "which I already have" and so on. So please throw out some ideas for me. And if you have a engine other than stock also let me know what other upgrades are necessary to keep from breaking parts.

Thanks!!
Old 03-29-2004, 02:39 PM
ThermalRD

Default RE: Engine decision

It depends what price range you are in. Heres a list of some that are available. You wont need any mods other than HD bones. I've never dont the 4 spider mod, and never had a problem.

150-200 category
picco .26
wasp .26
fantom .21
fantom .27
xtm pro .247
xtm .247
Dynamite mach .26

200+ category
Sirio .27
Sirio .27 pro
RB .28

Those are the motors i can think of off the top of my head. I will be getting a Fantom .27 as soon as i can.

Matt
Old 03-29-2004, 03:42 PM
lax195
My Feedback: (2)

i would reccomend the wasp and picco because ofna and orion are good companies and they provide great customrer service (because these big engines do have some factory flaws). and also, these two engines offer AMAZING power!
Old 03-29-2004, 10:58 PM
RC Monster Man

I know you guys may not believe some of what i have to say, But i have freinds with .26's & .27"s and on the track we race on they can't out run my stock .25 That i have a H.B."s pipe on and a crazy nut racing head And Hpi air filter with my mix of 30% of fuel. So unless you have a lot of money to spend on trying stuff i think the stock engine tuned up right works really well.
Old 03-29-2004, 11:38 PM
Monsterman--HBF
My Feedback: (28)

Hey thanks for all the replies. I think I might go with the XTM 274 Pro. I have been reading posts on some other forums and it isnt to bad of a price.

Thanks again everyone!!