Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

tunin savage

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2004, 05:31 PM
sarpiparpi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tunin savage

ok i have a savage and i bought it like 2-3 days ago and i wanna know i used it for bout 2.5 tanks and would it get faster if i use it more or should i jus tune it if i do how do i tune it ?
Old 04-06-2004, 02:14 AM
slodsm
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: tunin savage

Don't take it the wrong way, but one, read your manual, two, USE PUNCTUATION. I honestly can't interpret your post, I have no clue what you said.
Old 04-06-2004, 09:34 AM
matster

You need to run it in!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2 tanks run at idle (sitting on a box or something with the wheels off the ground) then 3-4 tanks running in a figure 8 or round in circles. That should run the engine in sufficiantly.

When you have finnished the break in procedure, THEN and ONLY THEN should you tune the engine.

READ THE MANUAL.
Old 04-06-2004, 04:12 PM
vizaracer

i'd say the same thing as matster. he is right. the engine will also gain alot of power around the 8th tank and will fully gain its max power when you are done the first gallon.
Old 04-25-2004, 05:36 PM
quader98

so should you use any particular type of fuel to break it in?
Old 04-25-2004, 05:37 PM
vizaracer

you want 20% nitro with a high lubrication at like 18% lubrication to keep it cool.
Old 04-25-2004, 07:39 PM
lax195
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: matster

You need to run it in!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2 tanks run at idle (sitting on a box or something with the wheels off the ground) then 3-4 tanks running in a figure 8 or round in circles. That should run the engine in sufficiantly.

When you have finnished the break in procedure, THEN and ONLY THEN should you tune the engine.

READ THE MANUAL.
are you supposed to idle the engine for 2 tanks?? cuz all of the engine companies say not to let it just idle because there is no 'major' heat being produced. and the engine isnt actually being broken in much. they just say to run it slowly the first 1-3 tanks.
Old 04-25-2004, 07:52 PM
vizaracer

i would atleast idle the first tank. i idled the first 2 tanks. pretty much you are getting everything set like the bushings and stuff in the engine and not getting the temps up to break in the engine.