Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Finally...Oh Glorious Day!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2004, 11:43 AM
GALAXY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Finally...Oh Glorious Day!!

Tower actually had 2 Savage SS kits in stock yestrday so I ordered one and figured I'd see how far I could get with the "bill me later" option,since I don't actually have any money now.Well,I been checkin the status all morning on the order and it finally went through.."order is now being picked and packed in warehouse".I got a email from the bill me later people that said welcome and told me how to manage my account so apparently my credit is good enough. Now for the hard part..waiting,lol.At least it'll be here sooner than it would've,I was gonna order it next Friday (when they wouldn't have had em in stock) so it woulda been 3 weeks.This is the first order I've ever had that shipped from Nevada instead of Illinois so I guess it takes a bit longer.I ended up paying $327.98 with shipping and I doubt I woulda found it cheaper at any LHS.I was just happy and had to tell everybody
Old 04-16-2004, 12:04 PM
UNCDROCK57

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Finally...Oh Glorious Day!!

How long does it take for you to pay it off. Is there a time period on the pay later option?
Old 04-16-2004, 12:27 PM
ThermalRD

Tower offers ezpay, where you pay something off in 3 payments, or bill-me-later. I've been using bill-me-later since last summer. With bill me later you get to make monthly payments. Of course you'll pay interest, and financing fees. I like the online account tools for bill-me-later too.

Matt
ORIGINAL: UNCDROCK57

How long does it take for you to pay it off. Is there a time period on the pay later option?
Old 04-16-2004, 12:50 PM
UNCDROCK57

oh, thats cool. Thanks Thermal
Old 04-16-2004, 02:34 PM
GALAXY

Yeah,its pretty much like a credit card with monthly interest and all,or you can pay it off all at once when you get the bill.I'll probably pay it off before I ever get the truck but it allowed me to get the truck while it was in stock when I didn't have enough in my checking account.Tower Rocks!

Oh,and currently.... "all merchandise shipped from warehouse"
Old 04-16-2004, 06:24 PM
Arowana

Well if that was the case you should have order more stuff for your SS. Doesn't the SS required other optional stuff to get it to run..radio , etc?
Old 04-16-2004, 10:15 PM
GALAXY

I've had an MX-3,3 servos,a reverse module,and an El Camino body waitin for months but you're right,I wanna get the diff mod parts,airfilter,and failsafe...I'm about outta fuel too.I'll probably order all that this weekend since I know it works (buy now pay later) and it'll probably get here before the truck will.
Old 04-17-2004, 10:37 AM
Savage_Dias

Glad you're getting what you want but be careful with the "Buy Now, Pay Later" thing. Bills add up quick!!
Old 04-17-2004, 01:10 PM
GALAXY

Yeah,I'm gonna try to hold it down....although I just made another order for $130 it was all necessary parts (I think so anyway) like failsafe,fuel,air and fuel filter,alum. hex hubs,savage 25 tank,and a 3 shoe clutch.The only other parts I really want are the ones for the 4 spyder gear diff mod and none of those are in stock so Im gonna break it in and hopefully by the time its ready to rip I'll have diff mod parts.That'll be about it for awhile,heh,heh....I hope.
Old 04-17-2004, 01:20 PM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

not a bad price for an ss i thot they go for 349 ..is this ur 2nd savage ?good luck
Old 04-17-2004, 01:58 PM
GALAXY

First Savage I've just been waitin for a long time and paying attention to the weak points that everyone else points out.The SS was $349 for awhile on Tower but when I checked the other day it was $339 and with the promotional discount of $20 for any order over $200 it was $319...then the $8 for shipping made it $327 and some change.Ultimate Hobbies was the cheapest I'd seen it so far at $320 but they don't know how they'll ship it or how much it will be,or when it will actually ship. Thats real shady if you ask me...they also won't ship to an address other than the billing address so,since I have things shipped to my work,that wasn't gonna work for me either.Credit is a very wonderful,yet dangerous thing ...self control and moderation are the key,lol.

I can't wait,it should be here Friday and I actually took Monday and Teusday of the next week off to go campin so I'll bring it with me if I get it built in time.Dirt roads and quad jumps are all over the place where I'm goin so it should be sweet,It'll be nice to get off the asphalt and into the dirt for awhile
Old 04-17-2004, 02:29 PM
GALAXY

Ok,my credits not that good,the other order was not approved but whatever,as long as the truck gets here
Old 04-17-2004, 02:38 PM
vizaracer

that sucks. but you do get the truck. take a ride by the lhs maybe. and dont forget the 3 "C's" of credit. (i found that out from business class in High School) credit is dangerous, thats why i like my cash.
Old 04-17-2004, 05:57 PM
GALAXY

I don't really have a LHS ,thats why all my stuff comes from Tower.There used to be one here but the closest now is about 40 miles and its not too good.I'm just happy I finally get to build the truck,I gotta clear off my desk again and put some lights up so I can see but even that should be fun.It'll give me room to mask the Camino body and get it painted and trimmed up while I'm waiting on the truck to get here.Credit is really dangerous but it can be very helpful at times,like this one
Old 04-19-2004, 08:01 PM
GALAXY

Fed Ex tracking makes me nervous,lol.It departed the Fed Ex facility Friday night at 9 and it hasn't been scanned yet ... maybe later tonight it'll show up.I don't know if they drive over the weekend or what but it'd be cool if it was halfway here already...I have nothing better to do if ya can't tell,haha.
Old 04-20-2004, 06:37 AM
GALAXY

Aww...its only in Denver,I'd be surprised if it got here Friday but that'd be cool.Happy 4/20 to everyone,lol.
Old 04-22-2004, 06:51 PM
GALAXY

Well,its in the state so its possible it might be here tomarrow.I'll have to make some room tonight in case it gets here and that'll take awhile,lol.
Old 04-22-2004, 06:58 PM
vizaracer

hope you get it soon!!
Old 04-22-2004, 07:37 PM
cooch1189
My Feedback: (1)

"Happy 4/20 to everyone,lol." quote........... lol did you celebrate
Old 04-22-2004, 10:46 PM
GALAXY

Hell yeah[8D]

I tracked it again,its sittin down the street in a truck less than a mile away...oh man,what a tease[:@]
Old 04-22-2004, 10:50 PM
vizaracer

well, since you obviously cant wait, go down to the truck and take the SS out of it (i didnt say it was legal). then walk down to your house and build it all night and in the morning run it.
Old 04-23-2004, 06:16 AM
GALAXY

Hmmmm,I'll wait,lol.If I don't see that its been loaded on the truck by like noon then I'm just gonna go by there.
Old 04-23-2004, 11:46 AM
GALAXY

Its on the truck to be delivered so it should arrive this afternoon

EDIT: ITS HERE !!!!!
Old 04-23-2004, 03:34 PM
vizaracer

NICE!!!

ok, now since you have it. GO BUILD IT!!!!!

and then come back with some pics of it and some action pics.
Old 04-24-2004, 12:11 PM
GALAXY

I haven't done much but opened the box but I'll be building all day I saw pics of this thing for over a year but never really realized the size of it,when I pulled the tire out of the box I thought "wow,thats f'n big!"
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	By76454.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	137.3 KB
ID:	125827  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.