Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Quick questions from a noob

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2004, 02:31 PM
AdverseCity

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick questions from a noob

I'm just curious if you can tune the engine with it running or should I kill it each time I make an adjustment? Also with a primerless tank what's the best way to prime the engine? There's an empty line going from the exhaust to the top of the tank (I'm guessing for pressure or overflow????) I normally just take that off the exhaust and blow into it till the fuel reaches the carb. Last one, what's the best way to shut off the engine? At first I was covering the exhaust but now I realize that floods the engine. Thanks,
Old 04-28-2004, 02:55 PM
Model Mania

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Quick questions from a noob

Thats a good enough way to prime the engine the other way is to cover the exhaust and turn the engine over with the roto start, u can stop the engine by pinchin the fuel line and the fuel line to the exhaust is just for pressure. As far as tuning you should make sur the engines warm when ur tunin it as far as stoppin it and tunin it i've never really thought about that i just usually tune it when its runin.
Old 04-28-2004, 03:00 PM
AdverseCity

Default Thanks

Thanks for your post. I've heard that pinching the fuel will make the engine run lean but I'll try it. Just curious, How long should it take to die when I pinch the line and does it matter where I pinch it... close to the carb or close to the tank? Thanks for your help,
Old 04-28-2004, 04:09 PM
Model Mania

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it doesnt really matter where u pinch it just pull the brakes on pinchin it is ysually the fastest way it only takes a few seconds
Old 04-29-2004, 06:32 PM
cousingrandpa

I use the primer bulb from the monster GT on my trucks. Its like the ones on fuel tanks on boats.
Old 04-30-2004, 08:04 AM
Norrmannen

Covering the exhaust tip with your finger, a rag, or a device made for it works just as well as pinching the fuel line and is also a recommended way of stopping.
This does it for u : http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXFRP4&P=7
Old 04-30-2004, 08:21 AM
matster

ORIGINAL: Norrmannen

Covering the exhaust tip with your finger, a rag, or a device made for it works just as well as pinching the fuel line and is also a recommended way of stopping.
This does it for u : http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXFRP4&P=7
Plugging the exhaust will flood the engine, you will be better off pinching the fuel line next to the carb.