Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Slipper Question!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2004, 09:23 PM
IAN77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slipper Question!!!!!

Well this is my first post in a couple of months, b/c its the first time i really had time to read this site! Its also the first time i got to play with my truck in awhile! Anyways... i put a new spur on my Savage and made about a 6 inch ramp that hung over a small ditch over at my buddys house (who just bought a T3 for $70) When it landed i heard the spur gear make a clicking noise.. But, i cant figure out if its doing it b/c its too tight and thats the sound of the tranny, or if its too loose, therefore hurting my spur gear! Any ideas? It didnt make that noise when landing on the front tires. After about 2 tanks the spur looks perfect! Better the the last one whick lasted only two tanks! Thanks for any info!!!
Old 07-10-2004, 09:26 PM
Wizz Kid

Default RE: Slipper Question!!!!!

did you tighten the spur all the way and 1/2 out? is it a metal spur?
Old 07-10-2004, 09:37 PM
IAN77

yes, i did.. i heard the clicking and loosened it up another 1/4 thinking it was too tight and it still did it. Its a plastic gear... i
Old 07-10-2004, 11:34 PM
Texdav

It is also paoosible that what you heard was clicking from one of the diffs. The diff spur ans pinion jumping teeth. Run the truck and brake hard and listen oif you hear the same clicking. Ckicking is often a sign of gear backlash not being properly shimmed or worn from same.
Old 07-10-2004, 11:37 PM
IAN77

i did just that... there is no clicking when braking, landing on front wheel or all fours. It seems like it only clicks when landing on the rear wheels!!!!
Old 07-11-2004, 10:26 AM
IAN77

i used a plastic parts bag to set the mesnh, it should be good! ive backed it out about a full 1 1/2 turns and it does it, which would tell me that its too loose, but when i back it off 1/4 to 1/2 turn, it still does it.. i can roll it on the floor jusst fine with no clicking so its not my spider gears. I have picked it up and dropped it from every angle to see if it was in the suspension and didnt hear anything.. soooo i guess im just going to let it go till something else breaks!!!