Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Wheelie Bar Help Please

Old 07-15-2004, 10:43 AM
tzque

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheelie Bar Help Please

I am having Wheelie bars made by a friend at his metal shop and I left my measurements home . Could someone please measure their standard wheelie bar lenght and width . As well could you measure the distance from the mounting screws over the hump to the other screws. To better explain I want to mount the plate to all four screws instead of just the last two . I know I will have to cut around the hump . Please give what ever measurements and or pictures that have worked for people . I put the Picco 26 in my truck . It runs fine on road but I cant keep it on all fours or twos in the dirt . I was also told that to long a wheelie bar will twist the frame . Is that true .
Old 07-15-2004, 12:21 PM
lax195
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Wheelie Bar Help Please

ya know that integy, gpm, and new era make wheelie bars. i had the integy one and it worked but all i can say is TAKE YOUR WHEELIE BAR OFF when you are jumping .
Old 07-15-2004, 04:24 PM
sarpiparpi

lol did u brake it?
Old 07-16-2004, 03:41 PM
Crazy_Coconuts

anyone have pictures of how a wheelie bar mounts onto the truck?
Old 07-16-2004, 06:12 PM
lax195
My Feedback: (2)

i had the one from integy. it mounted below the chassis and it screwed in on the back of the skid plate where those 2 countersunk screws are.
no i did not 'brake' it but i bent it so much that it bent INTO the back of my skidplate and my skidplate had a little indent in it. hehe.