Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Viper I need brake help/bashing tonight

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2004, 08:34 PM
tzque

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Viper I need brake help/bashing tonight

My brother put the dual disk set up from HPI . He cant get the brakes to adjust . I have a MX3 so I used my end points. How do you adjust it with the stock radio ?
Old 07-19-2004, 08:46 PM
lax195
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Viper I need brake help/bashing tonight

you adjust the trim settings, i am not sure what you are talking about.......your screws might be on too tight?? (on your brakes that is)
Old 07-19-2004, 09:10 PM
viperspeed333

Make sure the brake calipers arent too tight that they stress the brakes. If it drags at neutral, unscrew the brake screw. If no drag is there, screw in in small increments clockwise. To get more power with the brakes, I installed a collet next to the brake horn, so that the brakes are on full power. I am using a JR XR3 radio, and on that, it has a button, which sets the power of the brakes. On 125%, which is full power, it will flip over with full brakes, so I set it at 100%. Other than that, if you have any other questions, just ask. I dont really know much about the stock radio, I got the SS so I put my own radio in it. (JR)
Old 07-19-2004, 10:10 PM
Wizz Kid

nothing on the stock radio sets the low EPA. you have to screw in the knob on the brake lever next to the servo all the way in, and out in small increments until it stops w/o flipping over. i just ran tonite and i can stopp from full speed (35mph) to zero in 15-20 feet. when you brake the truck's front end almost bottoms out just above the cement.my brakes sometimes lock the wheels for .5-1 seconds. and you can almost whip it all the way around like on gravel.

p.s. why did you say "Viper"
Old 07-20-2004, 07:26 AM
tzque

I compared mine to his and I could see that the screw was to far out . We attempted to tighten his screws but because he has a roll cage they were hard to get to . Today he will take the cage off and tighten them .
For the record we bashed anyhow . The place we go to is big enough that he didnt hurt the truck .
I just finished the break in on my Picco . I have to figure out a way to protect the head . The roll cage is great but to much of a pain to take off .

Thanks for your help