Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Spur gear replaced: Now new noise?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2004, 09:14 AM
JAMO33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spur gear replaced: Now new noise?

I burned up the stock spur gear on my Savage 25 within about a half gallon, which I've read on here is pretty common. But after I put the new (stock replacement) one on I now have a slight clicking noise when I push the truck backwards. What did I do or not do to cause this. I tightened up the slipper until firmly seated and then backed out about a half turn. And I "eyed" up the mesh instead of using paper or plastic bag but I'm pretty confident that the mesh is good, but not sure.

Any suggestions as to what this could be?

Tom
Old 07-22-2004, 11:05 AM
howienf

Default RE: Spur gear replaced: Now new noise?

the new spur gear is not messed properly with the other. check your alignment and make sure its not too tight... it should spin easliy if you use your finger to turn it but the noise is normal...its the spinning of the flywheel and gears and waht not.......just not so noticable if you have it alligned properly
Old 07-22-2004, 11:06 AM
sarpiparpi

i had the same problem i kinda fixed it but still had a lil noise then made my friend fix it
Old 07-22-2004, 11:33 AM
Wizz Kid

ALWAYS CHECK YOUR MESH!!!
Old 07-23-2004, 10:54 AM
ac112785
My Feedback: (1)

also if you're using a new steel spur gear, it'll make some noise no matter what. if you're still using a plastic spur gear then make sure the alignment isnt too loose or too tight