Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Losi Zombies....all show or all go?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2004, 12:42 AM
Flyinhi1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Losi Zombies....all show or all go?

I'm thinking about getting a set of Zombies. I run on my own track which is mostly hard pack with loose granules. Not quite like running on asphalt, but not like on loamy high country dirt either. It's also over 100 degrees surface temps most of the time too, as it is summer in hell!. They look like they would be good for any terrain, but I wonder what you guys have to say about 'em. Thanks for any input to help me decide. Later.
Old 07-23-2004, 03:15 PM
ThermalRD

Default RE: Losi Zombies....all show or all go?

They are too soft for my taste, and the side walls flex like crazy. Good size, good traction. Would not buy them again.

Matt
Old 07-24-2004, 08:43 PM
Puffnstuff

I run them on pavement and grass and they don't have the grip that the stock gt tires have but they're pretty good. The foams that come with them suck and shift around in the tire if you don't glue or tape them in. I personally would buy another set of stock tires before I bought them again.
Old 07-27-2004, 12:36 AM
Flyinhi1

Wow. Two votes for SUCK!! Do you guys think that if you ran the stiff Pro-Line foams in them they would be a good tread? I'm assuming that most of the complaint comes from the mushy compound used to build the tire. What do you think??
Old 07-27-2004, 11:19 AM
slodsm
My Feedback: (1)

I run them on my maxx and I've ran proline bowties. For blue grooved hard pack, bowties are key but if you have granules like you said on top of the hard pack, the Losi's will work great. Mount the tires and foams RIGHT and you won't have any problems. They're sticky alright
Old 08-07-2004, 01:16 AM
Flyinhi1

What size are they? Are they the same diameter as the stock tires?
Old 08-07-2004, 01:35 AM
sarpiparpi

yo flyinhi can u send a link to those tires wanna c wut they look like?
Old 08-10-2004, 03:33 AM
Flyinhi1

Okay, so I got a set of these last weekend. Put in Pro-Line stiff foams and mounted them on RPM Claws wheels. Waited about 2 hrs after glueing them and went out to track. Oh, my gawd! These tires totally HOOK up. They are a tiny bit smaller in diameter than the stock tires and way smaller than my 'Joes, so my gearing was set for the holeshot. With my Picco .26 tuned for a hot humid day, this truck was berserk! After two tanks around my track, it looked like Jeremy McGrath had just done a number on my track. These tires are impressive. One despairing note is that I noticed one RPM rim has a small crack starting in it from the mounting hole outward. I guess it couldn't take the torque from the engine combined with grip of the tread. Now I need to replace it, maybe all the RPM wheels if they are too weak to hold up to the demand. Anyone know a good way to remove glued tires from rims? I've heard of boiling them, but I've never tried it. Does this work? I'm thinking I'll probably have to do something to get the tires of these rims after my next bash session and I don't want to screw up these new tires doing it. Any help is appreciated. Thanks. Later