Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

wat truck shud i buy

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2004, 03:19 PM
hyper 7 pbs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wat truck shud i buy

hey guys im about 2 buy a moster truck so i can go bashin with my mate wat shud i get and why
Old 08-03-2004, 03:20 PM
sarpiparpi

Default RE: wat truck shud i buy

savage because ur in savage forum and its durable
Old 08-03-2004, 03:21 PM
hyper 7 pbs

i know but im just askin in ur opinonon
Old 08-03-2004, 04:29 PM
Crazy_Coconuts

i agree with sarpiparpi... you obviously want people to tell you that the savage should be your choice since you are posting here... anyway, the savage is a good truck because its a tough truck... i havent broken anything when my i was running with my friends and their mad force and tmaxx... Its not fast and its very heavy, making it not that great for places with lots of ups and downs... it sinks in the sand, so its not good for the desert unless you mod it a bit... (my situation), but it jumps well... its overall, its powerful and works well on dirt and street... great for bashing depending on you environment... not so great for racing unless you mod it though...
Old 08-03-2004, 04:51 PM
speedygonzales

savage or genesis
Old 08-03-2004, 04:58 PM
Crazy_Coconuts

you know, its not that hard... if you suggest a truck, back it up! explain why you say genesis...
Old 08-03-2004, 05:02 PM
sledmanass
My Feedback: (2)

savage, storongest truck i have had and never broke a part yet.
Old 08-03-2004, 05:08 PM
sarpiparpi

cen sux
Old 08-03-2004, 05:20 PM
howienf

ORIGINAL: Crazy_Coconuts

i agree with sarpiparpi... you obviously want people to tell you that the savage should be your choice since you are posting here... anyway, the savage is a good truck because its a tough truck... i havent broken anything when my i was running with my friends and their mad force and tmaxx... Its not fast and its very heavy, making it not that great for places with lots of ups and downs... it sinks in the sand, so its not good for the desert unless you mod it a bit... (my situation), but it jumps well... its overall, its powerful and works well on dirt and street... great for bashing depending on you environment... not so great for racing unless you mod it though...
I agree that it is a great MT and very durable but i disagree with waht you said about it not being very fast and sinking in teh sand. its got the power and torque to pull through that kind of environment more so then a tmaxx and mine is faster in a straight line then my friends tmax as well. and they both have about the same amount of run time plus mine pulls his all over the place in a tug of war! if you want a fun, durable, reliable truck you can't beat the savage as far as stock MT trucks go. but again that is just my opinion based on waht I have seen and it can take a big air jumps better then any other MT I have seen! You won't have to spend alot of money upgrading it or replacing parts like you would have to do with a Tmaxx and possibly revo. what I have seen of the Revo is that it is no more durable then a Tmaxx. Every video I have seen of one something has gotten broken on the revo. so i dont' know why some people say is the new durability king when it just came out and all i see are broken ones.........you decide for yourself.......goodluck,
Old 08-03-2004, 05:28 PM
Q8 RC

i would say a savage becouse its a bashing truck but i will mod it up to make it a bling bling racer

Bader

KUWAIT
Old 08-03-2004, 05:51 PM
Wizz Kid

durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr get a tmaxx durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr NO DO NOT get a tmaxx they are not good for bashing. get a savage (hence this forum) cause they are extremely strong with 6'' of travel. with mods its unbeatable! although it already is! and there are plenty of different mods to get.
Old 08-03-2004, 06:09 PM
Q8 RC

GET THE SAVAGE OR THE SAVAGE WILL HUNT YOU DOWN JK

Bader

KUWAIT

spooky ha [>:]
Old 08-03-2004, 06:38 PM
creyc

After driving both my Savage and now my LST, I'm gonna have to go with the LST. This thing is amazing, handling is great and the included extras do justify the extra $200 you'll spend on the truck.

Stock with reverse as where thats a module and servo with Savage. Stock with aluminum tuned pipe instead of plastic. $200 JR radio system installed, FM and synthesized so no more crystals. Easy access sealed radio box for receiver. All hexware on the truck. CVDs all around. 7" Tires [:-] Dual steering servos. High and Low gear selector besides the two speed transmission ON THE CLUTCH! Nothing extra in the gearbox which makes for a simpler transmission, more durable and easier adjustability. Oh and the slipper clutch actually slips if you want it too.

This is just the surface, not even scratching the surface on the overall design of the truck and how well it handles on the track. This thing is a truck from the future nearly.

Savage owners, take note. I'm not trying to bash the Savage...hell, I have one and love it. For pure bashing and strength I haven't seen anything that will take as great a beating as my Savage. The Savage makes a great basher and is suitable for everyone from beginners to experienced racers. It just needs more work out of the box to bring it to the level of the LST. You can't go wrong with either truck really, but the extra goodies with the LST are what gave the Losi Super Truck the nod. Plus I already have one Savage.
Old 08-03-2004, 06:44 PM
Mako3

Yea, get the Savage it is only the best MT out there and the most durable. You say you want a MT for bashing, heh thats what Savage is known for! Here check out my Savage at this post: [link]http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/My_Savage_Video_&_PIcs!/m_2050496/tm.htm[/link]
And here's my video of it: [link]http://www.rcpics.net/media/Savage.mpg[/link]
Old 08-03-2004, 07:52 PM
creyc

Hey my DuraTrax can drive up and down the street like that.
Old 08-03-2004, 11:46 PM
sarpiparpi

get the savage or illl find where u live and **** ur a55
m jk man
Old 08-04-2004, 01:30 PM
DKD

SAVAGE COZ THEY KICK *****
Old 08-06-2004, 02:22 AM