Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

hump pack prob

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2004, 06:27 PM
radioman789

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hump pack prob

i just bought a hmp pack for my savvy and was dissapointed cos i cant use it till i get another bit the hump has a 3 pin plug but the battery pack im replacing has a 2 pin hmm i thought it was a direct replacement help plz
Old 09-02-2004, 07:05 PM
lax195
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: hump pack prob

are you trying to plug the battery pack straight into the RX? cuz its supposed to connect to the switch first. it should definitly fit.
Old 09-02-2004, 08:15 PM
viperspeed333

No, on two of my gas cars, I had to replace the switches. In both, I used a JR Radio, and JR makes switches that allow for the three prong batteries. I dont know who makes your radio system, but check with them to see if they have a new switch for that type of battery. Even if they dont, Im sure a JR switch should work in your reciever regardless. Same technology and all...
Old 09-03-2004, 05:24 PM
radioman789

thanks guys i went to LHS ...explained and he gave me a new on/off switch that also allows me to leave the batts box permanantly in place with a bit of dremel work and some sticky velcro all i do is lift the velcro (this keeks it tight for bashing )plug in my charger and thats it once hump pack is charged replace velcro and plug and away heres a pic .....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec89399.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	169992  
Old 09-04-2004, 12:42 AM
GoonieAsian

hey radioman, is that the rc soution's cage? have you tweaked yours yet? mine has tweaked on my savage on the back of the cage over the motor and did the same thing on my emaxx.
Old 09-04-2004, 09:22 PM
radioman789

yeh goonie... same cage and loving it not bent YET lolol but trying hehehegot big air lots and still no bends ..........