Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Failsafe Usage

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2004, 02:18 PM
SaV. BriT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Failsafe Usage

For those of you with failsafes how often have you had to use them? And for those of you without one, have you had a problem with runaway savages? (Maybe you have a funny story to share on the subject?) Another question. I havn't got my savage yet but will be buying one very soon. I am planning on gettin a motor saver filter. Is it ok to break in the truck with it on or should I use the stock one then switch after break in. Also how much of a problem is the half tank leaning. Do you have fix the problem. what if you dont.
Old 09-07-2004, 02:48 PM
Vortec_Rat

Default RE: Failsafe Usage

I'm about to address the half tank lean problem. It wasn't an issue with the stock s-25 motor but my new Sirio is very sensitive and runs funny after a few minutes which I believe is due to the leaning problem. As for the failsafe, it's the best thing I've bought yet. I had been running my radio for quite some time without checking the batts and sure enough, it went dead on me. As soon as I drove about 20 feet away, the truck stopped. I started walking over while playing with the throttle and it took off only to stop after a few feet. I would have probably lost the truck to any one of a number of obstacles that night. Get one. It's cheap insurance. Run the motor saver filter regardless. Air is air whether it's through the stock filter or the motor saver.
Old 09-07-2004, 03:54 PM
CraigN

yeah i was a bit of a old school in the way of you dont need a fail safe never had one before, But when i bought my new truck i invested in one and beleve me it has saved me loads when the pack in the car goes down on power it stops my car.This is when it saves money.... get one it pays for itself.
Old 09-07-2004, 06:29 PM
RayRayraycer20

Wasssuuupp *****!!!!!![sm=lol.gif]
Old 09-07-2004, 06:58 PM
MrSavage

lol haha
Old 09-08-2004, 03:28 PM
Ahab

I would say break in with the stock filter.

I got the HPi Hi Perfromance Savage filter a few weeks back, and the whole truck runs a LOT leaner with it fitted, wheelieing at 4.5t and 3t "factory" needle settings, and then heating up a LOT...not what you want on a new motor....

if you are gonna break in with an upgrade filter make sure you run the truck "hella RICH" for the first few tanks.....
Old 09-08-2004, 03:41 PM
sarpiparpi

how much are those and do they have to be outta the reciever box or can they be in it if i can fit it there
Old 09-08-2004, 04:16 PM
inferno15

the failsafe will generaly fit in with the reciever. excellent bit of kit

i invested in the q-world micro unit.top bit of kit and only £15

its here m8 [link]http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=421_36_233&products_id=5898[/link]

Old 09-08-2004, 04:54 PM
sarpiparpi

thx man