Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > HPI Monster Truck Forum
Reload this Page >

Hpi reverse module? It looks hard to install!

Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Hpi reverse module? It looks hard to install!

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2004, 08:37 PM
Savage04

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hpi reverse module? It looks hard to install!

Hello Savage owners!
Anyone out there who has experience in installing this reverse module? The instructions look weird and its a bit overwhelming for first day owner! Can anyone offer some advice?
I also got the skid plate that goes over the whole bottom, lifesaver intake( should I install after the break in period?
I also got the servos for the reverse module, and got some oil for after running, and the batteries, glow stick, Eliminator Pro race 20%nitro fuel (10%oil), is this good stuff? . Am i good or do i need more things to run consistant for a bit. Oh yah this is my first post so Whats up!
Thanks guys
Old 09-16-2004, 08:58 PM
Ahab

Default RE: Hpi reverse module? It looks hard to install!

Greetings
I haven't fitted the reverse on mine, but as time goes on you will get used to dismanteling your truck - it wont be that bad.

Definately keep your truck stock for the break in period- also that way you get to be amazed how much more power you get with the motorsaver filter. (the real reason is that the new filter will make your truck run lean... which you dont want during break in)

I am not sure if 10% is high enough oil content for these trucks. I thought it was 15% minimum.. but I really cant remember - is should check if I were you.

as for what is up: ceiling tiles + an air-con unit. I am a real funny guy aint i.........
Old 09-16-2004, 09:08 PM
Bigdaddy72

The reverse module is pretty easy and a good way to see how everything works the only pain i had was the linkage from the servo to the module,my fingers are to big,other then that it went real smooth
Old 09-19-2004, 09:01 AM
geofferama

since you're going stock, i don't think you'll have any problems, but i changed up the steering setup & put in my own servo w/an aluminum arm, and there wasn't enough clearance for the reverse module servo arm :-(

So leave things stock, but if its not too much trouble, open up the radio box and put your reverse servo where it should be. just leave it unplugged and you'll be fine till after breakin
Old 09-19-2004, 08:42 PM
GALAXY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its not too hard really.I bought my radio,servos,spare body,and my reverse module about 6 months before I actually got my Savage and lost the instructions so when it came time to install it I was pretty confused.After looking at it though,I understood where it needed to go and I just had to remove a gear and a shaft and put the reverse module in and put the diff back together.I had to go to the HPI site for instuctions on the linkage but it really isn't that bad.I wouldn't wait till after break in to install it...I used mine on the first tank I ran on the ground.I'm the type to install all that stuff before I drive it...things are still clean from it being new and theres less chance of dirt getting into things,when I install parts after a vehicle has been used I'll clean the hell out of it first.

You can do it...just look at the way things go before you start takin stuff apart too far,theres a Rev. Mod. shaped space where it goes so its almost like Legos,take the parts out that are in the way for it to fit in there and your good to go.You may get hung up on the linkage a little but we can help...alot of people have digital cameras and can take a pic for ya real quick and post it,including myself.Good luck with it and Happy Savaging!!! Welcome to the board also
Old 09-19-2004, 10:03 PM
Frost_
My Feedback: (1)

Don't sweat the fuel; what you have is fine. I only run race fuels... I'm sure it may live a little longer on higher oil %s but the difference in power is real and in one of my 27s I am going on 3.5 gallons of race and it still is strong with great compression...
Old 09-20-2004, 11:47 AM
GALAXY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Frost...what "RACE FUELS" are you running?Be more specific on a brand and nitro content....sounds like you have no idea what you run.