Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

moves when idling

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2004, 08:06 AM
megalon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default moves when idling

I have to hold full brake on my SS for it to stay in one place while idling. I set up the slipper clutch according to the manual and checked the size of the opening in the carb. It still moves.
Old 12-20-2004, 09:34 AM
stevblutu15

Default RE: moves when idling

lower the idle screw, so that it runs and doesnt stall out, adjust your linkages. Make sure the carb is closing all the way. I have also had this problem in the past. These helped cure it
Old 12-20-2004, 02:32 PM
geofferama

ditto on what stev said, but make sure your engine has warmed up to operating temp first.
Old 12-20-2004, 08:59 PM
nitro_D

Make sure the carb is closing all the way. I have also had this problem in the past. These helped cure it
You want to adjust the idle screw so that it opens about 1mm or the width of a credit card.