HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Savage Wiring!!!!!!

Old 12-23-2004, 11:53 PM
blah-blah

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Savage Wiring!!!!!!

Alright I am trying to help a friend out with his truck and having a hell of a time. He added a failsafe and now everything is all f**ked up. When he turns his electronics on the tires turn straight to the right, He has to reverse his servo on his controller to get the wheels to turn the right way, he can't get any fuel to the engine, the wheels aren't turning very much when sitting still (factory steering servo probably the culprit here), and it is very disorganized.

Please! What is the proper wiring in there? I bought my savage used w/ a hump pack already installed. I have never even opened my radio box. I am at a loss. What the heck is going on here? Please help!

Thanks.

Sal
Old 12-24-2004, 12:54 AM
joes75
My Feedback: (2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Savage Wiring!!!!!!

Which failsafe is it? Are you sure you have it hooked up to the throttle servo and not the steering maybe?
Old 12-24-2004, 01:03 AM
blah-blah

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

To be honest I don't know which failsafe it is. It has VES or V+S on it. It has a 1 male and 1 female connector and then a adjust needle on the top that is it. He bought it at his LHS. The failsafe is definitely hooked up to the throttle servo and not the steering. The throttle servo locks up into the brake position as soon as the truck is turned on. Possible the steering is unrelated? I have not a clue. Anyone have an idea? This is what I have right now. battery pack into on/off switch connector. Other on/off connector into batt. slot on receiver. Throttle on channel two slot of receiver and steering on channel 1 of receiver. The throttle servo comes into the failsafe and then the failsafe connects to channel 2. Does anything sound wrong about that? Definitely having probs. Thanks.
Old 12-24-2004, 01:11 AM
joes75
My Feedback: (2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Sounds like its something with the steering servo then if the the failsafe is working properly, seems like you hooked it up correctly. Center the steering servo if the wheels are going to the right when you power on. Im not too familiar with the reverse setup as I dont have it on mine maybe someone else can help out when they read this.
Old 12-24-2004, 01:34 AM
blah-blah

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I solved the issue. He had a bad connector. Had to cut it off and splice a new one on. It was very odd. No prongs were bent or anything. Replaced the connector and all was well. Very weird. We still can't get the damn thing cranked. This is unrelated to the wiring. Can anyone help? Any ideas why this darn thing won't start? there is fuel in it, a brand new glow plug, and a charged battery in the roto-start. Please help. Thanks
Old 12-24-2004, 11:16 AM
dbriley
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

did you check for any pin holes in the fuel line?