Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > HPI Monster Truck Forum
Reload this Page >

BEHOLD COLLARI .30 !!!!!!!!!! THE NEW BIGBOY

Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

BEHOLD COLLARI .30 !!!!!!!!!! THE NEW BIGBOY

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2005, 11:08 PM
Roadhog2K4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: BEHOLD COLLARI .30 !!!!!!!!!! THE NEW BIGBOY

/me rings drool out of shirt.... omg, i must get that engine...*saves money*
Old 02-14-2005, 12:44 AM
EG1

Anyone take delivery yet? There is a pretty sweet batch of MT engines out now, really can't go wrong w/ any of the top choices.
Old 02-14-2005, 11:29 AM
ed260z

Well it's official!! My Picco .26 is dead. I had the burial on Sunday.
I was hoping to try out the, WhiteLightning w/8% oil, on it before my Collari shows up. But now I have no engine, save that S25 paper weight. I hope I get my engine soon.
Old 02-14-2005, 12:53 PM
neil.jb

one of my SH.28's just went south, the wrist pin came out and trashed the piston/liner [] , i could just go buy another but i think i may wait untill this new .30 comes out and get one instead
Old 02-14-2005, 03:51 PM
Pinolelst

website now says Feb 15th (tomorrow) as delivery date.Hopefully they weren't too......optimistic when they told me last week to expect delivery this week
Old 02-14-2005, 04:46 PM
ed260z

I hope not. I need a new engine by this weekend. Or I'm not going to be a happt camper.[&:]
Old 02-14-2005, 06:41 PM
Frost_
My Feedback: (1)

I just spoke to Werks....

The engines are currently being inspected by US Customs and Werks should get their hands on the first batch tomorrow. From what I was told, hobby shops have spoken for 75% of the first batch, and the second batch isn't due to arrive for quite some time. Pre-orders placed in the last few weeks (I couldn't pin them down on an exact time) will be waiting for the second batch, as apparently this batch was all 'sold' some time ago.

I told him I pre-ordered in the third week of December, and he said he was sure that I would get one one from this first batch. If you want one of these but did not pre-order in time you should still be able to get one from a LHS, as they have bought most of them.

If I am not mistaken, he said that this first shipment only contains 1000 engines.
Old 02-14-2005, 07:18 PM
Q8 RC

damn come on i need to have a review of this engine so i can deside SH or collari

Bader

KUWAIT
Old 02-14-2005, 08:41 PM
Rep99099

same here
Old 02-15-2005, 12:24 AM
Pinolelst

ORIGINAL: Frost_

I just spoke to Werks....

The engines are currently being inspected by US Customs and Werks should get their hands on the first batch tomorrow. From what I was told, hobby shops have spoken for 75% of the first batch, and the second batch isn't due to arrive for quite some time. Pre-orders placed in the last few weeks (I couldn't pin them down on an exact time) will be waiting for the second batch, as apparently this batch was all 'sold' some time ago.

I told him I pre-ordered in the third week of December, and he said he was sure that I would get one one from this first batch. If you want one of these but did not pre-order in time you should still be able to get one from a LHS, as they have bought most of them.

If I am not mistaken, he said that this first shipment only contains 1000 engines.

I received confirmation of my order on 1-23-05 and received this email from werks on 2-7-05:

"Steve, your in shipment # 1, It should be on its way to you later this week"

Hopefully he wasn't confused and I get mine in the first shipment (crosses fingers )

Peace [8D]
Old 02-15-2005, 11:08 AM
ed260z

$@!t !!!!![:@] I did'nt put in my order until 2/2. I called my other LHS, just incase, and he wants $310 (Because I'm such a good customer). If I can't get this from Werks, there will be a .28 in my future.[&:]
Old 02-15-2005, 03:53 PM
stevblutu15

my SH.28 seized up, so if warranty doesnt cover it a collari may be in the near future.
Old 02-15-2005, 04:04 PM
ed260z

Well Eric @ Werks just emailed me saying that I will have my engine with the first shipment. He didn't tell me when to expect it I really hope it's this week.[8D]
I'm hoping that he responds to my inquiry on the time frame.
Old 02-15-2005, 04:52 PM
RabidRacer

so this will have tons of torque and speed.
Old 02-15-2005, 05:12 PM
ed260z

I don't think it will be a Collari Race Spec motor so it probably won't rev up as much as their other motors, but it should have a !!!TON!!! of torque.
Old 02-16-2005, 08:16 PM
savaged

My concern is in the .30's carb. If you look at all the other collaries you'll notice they run what appears to be a synthetic carb, often with incerts. Synthetic carbs are generally prefered as they allow the engine to run more consistently. When I called Werks to ask them about this they admitted that they went with a simpler and cheaper cast aluminum carb to save costs and keep the price down. He was also a little unsure whether this is even a five port or a three port.

I'm not on the first shipment list so I'm hoping to hear some feedback ASAP so I know whether or not to order one.

Question: Anyone know anything truckzilla .46 conversion or their new big twin? I want to go bigger with the truck, but I've heard their .46 stinks and the big twin would be hard to keep operating with two motors I figure. It looks to me like the cen .46 is very similar to the Hot Bodies .46, with the exception the the Cen is rear ported and appears to have better craftsmanship. Anyone know for shure?
Old 02-17-2005, 12:37 AM
Pinolelst

ORIGINAL: savaged

My concern is in the .30's carb. If you look at all the other collaries you'll notice they run what appears to be a synthetic carb, often with incerts. Synthetic carbs are generally prefered as they allow the engine to run more consistently. When I called Werks to ask them about this they admitted that they went with a simpler and cheaper cast aluminum carb to save costs and keep the price down. He was also a little unsure whether this is even a five port or a three port.

I'm not on the first shipment list so I'm hoping to hear some feedback ASAP so I know whether or not to order one.

Question: Anyone know anything truckzilla .46 conversion or their new big twin? I want to go bigger with the truck, but I've heard their .46 stinks and the big twin would be hard to keep operating with two motors I figure. It looks to me like the cen .46 is very similar to the Hot Bodies .46, with the exception the the Cen is rear ported and appears to have better craftsmanship. Anyone know for shure?
I did notice that metal carb body.Might paint it black to radiate heat a little better or maybe get lucky and find something composite that'll fit
Just checked UPS tracking on mine
"Your package is in the UPS system and is on time with a scheduled delivery date of Feb 17, 2005." you can bet I'll disassemble it right away and take plenty of pics but I'll post 'em in the general MT forum for your perusal
"
Old 02-17-2005, 01:40 AM
Johnny Ripper
My Feedback: (3)

." you can bet I'll disassemble it right away and take plenty of pics but I'll post 'em in the general MT forum for your perusal
"

Pics of your werks 30 will be sweet. I can't wait to see them pinole. [8D]
Old 02-17-2005, 01:43 AM
Johnny Ripper
My Feedback: (3)

Wouldn't you perfer manufactures sold there engines dissasembled. I do. Maybe if we started asking manufactures to sell complete engines dissasembled it might happen.
Old 02-17-2005, 05:08 PM
Sgt. Canada

ORIGINAL: Bash Master

Wouldn't you perfer manufactures sold there engines dissasembled. I do. Maybe if we started asking manufactures to sell complete engines dissasembled it might happen.
I don't think they'd do that. It would cost less for us AND them, but most people today only want "instant gratification".

It's a shame what our society is coming to....
Old 02-17-2005, 05:30 PM
supernova803

Might paint it black to radiate heat a little better
I wouldn't do that if I were you. Paint is an insulator and it would just hold the heat inside and make the carb boil even worse.
Old 02-17-2005, 08:45 PM
Pinolelst

ORIGINAL: savaged

He was also a little unsure whether this is even a five port or a three port.

3 port
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	By76539.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	230819  
Old 02-17-2005, 09:10 PM
BLKHWK

Okay you have pics of the parts list where's the pics of the eng. already!! I got my shipping confirm. yesterday and said it shipped on the 16th, 3 to 5 days for deliv. WOO HOO! [8D]
Old 02-17-2005, 09:58 PM
tocache

Collari .30 engine pics on LST forum section
Old 02-17-2005, 11:55 PM
cardriverx

what composite carb would u use? and here are the pics from the losi fourm
Attached Images    

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.