Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > HPI Monster Truck Forum
Reload this Page >

Really strange problem. I'm eating batteries??

Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Really strange problem. I'm eating batteries??

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2004, 06:07 PM
otee453

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Really strange problem. I'm eating batteries??

I am finally getting all the minor bugs and tuning out of my new SS and I have run into a new problem. I put new batteries in the truck today and got the motor tuned to my liking. I then went playing in the field. Within 30 minutes I lost control of the truck. The servos were very eradic while the motor was running. When I shut down the motor, the servos worked perfectly. I played around starting the motor and killing it and the same results ocurred, motor running-poor or no servo respons, motor dead-perfect servo response. I put a volt meter on the battery pack and I had 5.51 volts. I changed the batteries to fresh ones, went and ran for 30 minutes and guess what, same thing ocuured. I once again put the volt meter on the batteries and guess what, 5.51 volts! These results have me stumped, Why at 5.51 volts do I have servo response only when the motor is dead? Why is 5.51 volts the magic number? Could I actually be draining the batteries in 30 minutes? I know this is a big question but any ideas would help!
Old 12-29-2004, 11:47 PM

Default RE: Really strange problem. I'm eating batteries??

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????????????
Old 12-30-2004, 03:44 AM
Vintage_Duff

Default RE: Really strange problem. I'm eating batteries??

yeh i have the same problem get a hump pack and it works fine