Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Ohhh Servo, You SAVAGE!

Old 12-28-2004, 09:53 PM
Disco98

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ohhh Servo, You SAVAGE!

I received a new Savage 25 from Santa and I have a quick question for the Pros. I know the steering servo is a little light, but before I ran the truck today, the front steering servo would make a gear noise when the front wheels were turned manually and the wheels would stay in place otherwise. Now, after six tanks, the steering servo seems sloppy. Is this O.K.? Should I be concerned and start looking for a replacement? Thanks

Jim
Old 12-28-2004, 10:16 PM
crankshaft

Default RE: Ohhh Servo, You SAVAGE!

unfortunately that sounds like gears to me. usualy when you hear that grinding it means broken teeth on the gears. same thing when the servo gets slack in it. usualy means broken gears and/or srtipped teeth. hate to say it, but my advise would be to look into another servo. on the bright side they usually arent to expensive. either way, take the servo apart and look at it, make sure nothing just come loose. could be the potentiometer gone bad, but sounds like gears to me. and if thats the case itl only get worse the longer you wait.
Old 12-28-2004, 11:33 PM
cardriverx

if u have the money, look in to a high toqure servo w/ metal gears. if u do get a high toque one, make shure u have a ni cd hump pack to power it insted of 4 AAs
Old 12-29-2004, 10:01 AM
geo8498

Hitec 645MG servo is a good servo for the money. $35-$40 With 119lb torque if I remember correctly.
Old 12-29-2004, 12:46 PM
Frost_
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: geo8498

Hitec 645MG servo is a good servo for the money. $35-$40 With 119lb torque if I remember correctly.
POUNDS???? uhh I think that's oz/in.
Old 12-29-2004, 03:17 PM
crankshaft

119 lb/in?? that servo's got about 5 times the torque then the engine in my truck! what motor they got in that servo? thinking about putting one of those motors in my tc3.
Old 12-29-2004, 05:05 PM
cardriverx

hmm......gas powered servo....better pantent it!