Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Best Way/Place to get Fuel?

Old 12-29-2004, 12:41 AM
adamthole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Way/Place to get Fuel?

I want to buy some fuel for my savage SS. What is the best way to do that? I see tower offers it in either a quart, or 4 gallons worth. If I bought the 4 gallons, how long would I have to use it before it went bad? Also, I see that it has an extra 20 dollar shipping charge because it is hazardous. Is that waived since I am a super saver customer? Any cheaper solutions to fuel? Thanks.
Old 12-29-2004, 01:18 AM
raykessler

Default RE: Best Way/Place to get Fuel?

for your first question fuel has about a 1 year shelf life after that its not very good but it shouldn't take you that long to use it

the best place to buy fuel is to get it at your local hobby shop, this is becuase buying from the internet you can only buy in either very small or very large quantities, it takes a LONG time to ship, and you are charged extra, all becuase it is hazardous.....

hope this helps
Old 12-29-2004, 10:12 AM
adamthole

Default RE: Best Way/Place to get Fuel?

All of the shops I go to sell their fuel sky high. Is the Duratrax Red Alert Fuel any good? That is the cheapest I can find at tower, it would be 99.00, shipped for 4 gallons