Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Rotostart Sticks

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2004, 04:38 AM
savage25er

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rotostart Sticks

WHy let hell does it stick on when i start the truck it is so annoying i keep having to take it apart. Is the a way that i can stop this happening with the roto or is it best to convert to a pull-start???

Cheers
Old 12-29-2004, 05:09 AM
fordmeteor

Default RE: Rotostart Sticks

i hate rotostarts... can someone explain how they r better and why they put them on the MT2s if they r so good?? my roto starter keeps on braking and the gears keep on braking??
Old 12-29-2004, 06:49 AM
scrapheep

Roto start units are crap... you can use a high RPM cordless drill to do the job, but IMO pullstart is the way to go.
Pullstart will save the one way bearing($18 US)...I went thru 4 of these before changing to pullstart.
Old 12-29-2004, 07:11 PM
dklassen

Never a problem with my roto. Why the heck anyone would want to yank that cord to start the car is beyond me. Starter box or roto is the only way to go.
Old 12-29-2004, 07:46 PM
cardriverx

personally i like pullstart, all u need is a glow plug to start ur truck, and u dont need those batts for the roto start
Old 12-29-2004, 08:14 PM
TNRC

I've been using my Rotostart for over a year with no problems at all. I think it works great as long as you don't get "hamfisted" with it or flood the engine. Like a lot of things I think it just involves good technique. It is like the difference between tightening a bolt and breaking it.
Old 12-30-2004, 06:14 AM
fordmeteor

how much is it to convert to pull start, i find it a hassle to carry the roto starter around..... i dont seem to have a problem with the hole idea of it but yeah.. its the hassle.

can i pull the pull starter off my yakamha engine?? what do u need to watch out 4 when pulling them off??