HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

need help with new savage

Old 12-29-2004, 08:36 PM
fantomracer
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default need help with new savage

hey yall i got a new savage ss for christmas and finally finished it the other night..after doing a quik check through the intruction manual i noticed it said your suppose to have one black drive thing and one silver one up front and the same in the back...if any one knows what im talking about..but i but both black in the back and both silver up front and also for some reason my steering servo wolnt turn at all...its the one that comes with the jr xs3...and im sure that i used the torque servo for the steering...grrr...and one more thing is there any other way to mount the fuel tank thats more secure becuase i dont like it wobbling...tia fantomracer.
Old 12-29-2004, 08:49 PM
WizzBang

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: need help with new savage

Sounds like you have a few things to work on.

To answer your first question, the drive cups need to be on the correct sides. If they are switche around, then your wheels can loosen up and go flying down the street at 30+ mph. How fast can you run? My suggestion would be to unscrew the bumper supports and remove the upper shock bolts. This will allow you to pull the bumper away from the chassis and pull out the pin holding the upper A-arm in place. Once the pin is removed, the suspension will swing down and you can remove the dog bones and the drive cups and switch them around.

To find out what is going on with your steering, I'd start by unhooking the linkage from the servo. If the steering moves, then something is wrong with the servo. If it is still stuck, then start loosening things until you find where it's binding.

Good Luck...

BTW- make sure you glue the tires to the wheels (funny story - see chasing tire at 30mph)