Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

newby with problem

Old 12-31-2004, 02:37 PM
rc dev

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newby with problem

i am the new proud owner of a savage 25.................hi all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
only took 2 days to see it shelved, as i have cracked the fuel tank. i believe this is a common problem and have several remedies and preventions on this forum.
the only confusing thing to me is that i believe the savage 25 has a stock 160cc tank (bigger than the 21) and is primer-less....... The question i have is should i replace with stock or is there a better product, as i have to buy one whichever..........does the 25 tank suffer with the half lean problem like the 21? i didn't have mine going long enough to know
the last problem i have is i am from and still live in the uk, near manchester........are there any stockists here?
Old 12-31-2004, 04:04 PM
z style

Default RE: newby with problem

well i believe the stock s-25 tank will be fine. new era models might have an upgrade fuel tank. you might want to get a fuel tank guard so it doesn't happen again if you were bashing.
Old 12-31-2004, 04:11 PM
stevblutu15

yesget both the new era models tank, and the guard. its def worth it. The tank is a little bit smaller, 125cc i believe but you really dont notice the difference. it also fixes the half lean problem. http://www.neweramodels.com/cgi-bin/...x&part_id=1553 and http://www.neweramodels.com/cgi-bin/...x&part_id=1704 worth every penny
Old 12-31-2004, 09:59 PM
rc dev

many thanks guys.............. by the way , HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL! ................it is 3am here of 2005....all the best
Old 01-01-2005, 10:48 PM
fordmeteor

can u get a fuel tank guard for a mt2?? i think u have cracked mine but dont know where?? but it seems to stall after half a tank