Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Receiver Batteries

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2005, 12:08 PM
Disco98

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Receiver Batteries

How long should I expect the receiver batteries to last in my Savage? I have run 9 tanks of fuel through it and it seems the batteries are dying. The truck will intermitantly not respond. If I turn off the transmitter and the turn it back on, the servos respond again for a while. Any help would be appreciated. Also, I do have a fail safe installed, but at the time this occurs, it does not activate. Thank, Jim
Old 01-01-2005, 12:23 PM
Wizz Kid

Default RE: Receiver Batteries

well your batteries are definately dead alright im not the guy to talk to about hump packs though. its about time your batteries start to poop out. one of my items for x-mas was a 36 pack of AA's
Old 01-01-2005, 04:49 PM
Savage_Dias

Your batteries are dead. They don't last long in a Savage so your best bet is to throw down on a [link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXENT8&P=7]hump pack[/link] & a [link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXUF43&P=ML]charger[/link]. Tower Hobbies has an order pending on Team Orion 1400 maH packs. If they had been available when I bought mine many months ago I would've gone for that.
Old 01-02-2005, 02:25 PM
Disco98

Thanks for the info. I was afraid the new fail safe was defective. What about the batteries in my radio controller? Do I need to replace them now also?

Jim
Old 01-02-2005, 02:40 PM
Disco98

Hey Savage_Dias, do you know if I could use my [link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXL347&P=7]Hobbico 900 AC/DC Auto Charger [/link] with that battery pack you recommended?
Old 01-02-2005, 02:40 PM
stevblutu15

no, i believe the red light starts to flash when you are low on batteries in the transmitter.
Old 01-02-2005, 02:43 PM
Disco98

Well that makes sense, The controller doesn't have any motors to operate with twice the battery power. It should last longer. Thanks Stevblutu15.