Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Hi Torque Servo

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2005, 12:38 PM
ballnut11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi Torque Servo

Question, with the Savage SS. I have the Standard 2 Channel Radio with the Servos that comes with the Radio. I know the Servo for the throttle really doesn't need to be extra strong. Now I have a problem with my Steering. I can move the Wheels manually and the Servo Horn and the Rods turn just fine, but when I try and turn them by the Radio it doesn't turn, it sounds like it wants to. So would a Hi Torque Servo cure this problem?
Old 01-03-2005, 01:01 PM
ZEWSKI

Default RE: Hi Torque Servo

The Hitec HS-645MG is a good choice to upgrade your steering servo. There are other options you just need to look at the specs for torque, speed, and type of gears. The HS-645MG is a high torque application and has metal gears which last longer.
Old 01-03-2005, 04:00 PM
stevblutu15

even a stock servo will turn the wheels in the air, but yes a high tork servo is prob needed, if you put the truck on the ground, and try to roll it do the wheels adventually turn? if not you may have a diff problem, but a Hitec-645MG is a good servo to start with.
Old 01-03-2005, 04:07 PM
brokenstuff

and at least a 6 volt battery
Old 01-03-2005, 04:34 PM
Vortec_Rat

Yeah, definitely make sure the batts fully charged and go with the 5 cell hump pack. I have the 200oz airtronics servo on mine and it has a tough time turning the wheels with it on the ground.