Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Problem Starting!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2005, 03:32 PM
Lil pepi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem Starting!!!

My S25 wont start. i put in a new glow plug, charged my roto start batt, and my glow plug ignighter. i think it may not be getting any fuel. cause i put a cuple drops of my fuel in the cylender and it wants to start but then burns up the fuel that i put in. I primed the s25 so the fuel in the line is in the carb.
Please help me Lil' pepi.
Old 01-07-2005, 03:47 PM
kimolop

Default RE: Problem Starting!!!

Heh pep. It's kinda unusual, but sometimes the one-way gets frozen on the shaft and you get the " it kinda wants to start, but doesn't symptom". Just for giggles, I would try putting another plug in, (sometimes they're bad from the get-go).
I'd also try leaning the HSN just a tad to see if it will light up. If none of the abive works, I'd take the carb apart, clean everything, and get back at it. It's amazing what the smallest grain of crap will do to these engines!
Old 01-07-2005, 04:43 PM
Lil pepi

i put my s25 next to my wood stove for the night but nothing.
so i think i will take the carb apart.

thanks KIMOLOP
lil' pepi
Old 01-07-2005, 05:01 PM
NitroDriver

Is the low speed needle flush with the throttle pin housing? Mine wouldn't start and HPI told me to make it flush, then turn it in 1/2 to 1 turn after break in, and when I did that, It started first try.
Old 01-07-2005, 06:23 PM
stevblutu15

dont take it apart! there is no reason to, there are so many other things it could be. first, make the lsn flush as said above, then when starting, use a haidryer and heat the engine up for 5 mins. then when ready to start, take the hose off the pipe, and blow through it forcing fuel to the car. then run the rotostart a few turns, and put on the glow igniter. Keep the hose in your mouth and keep trying to force fuel to the engine. Ifit fires up, take the hose and put it back on the pipe, if not then try to unflood the engine, and try once more, if that doesnt work than you can take it apart. try this first.
Old 01-08-2005, 10:15 AM
Lil pepi

thanks stevblutu15 and NitroDriver i'll do what you said first.

thanks lil' pepi
Old 01-08-2005, 11:28 AM
Lil pepi

thanks guys it worked. my s25 started.

thanks lil' pepi